This Cheeseburger Pizza recipe is the best Friday night Pizza. You get the best of both worlds, bacon cheeseburgers and pizza.
A Cheeseburger Pizza, with ketchup?
When I first came across the concept of a Cheeseburger Pizza, I didn't think that it would have ketchup for a sauce. I was thinking more along the lines of a pizza sauce with cheeseburger toppings. So, when I was looking at recipes the day I made this, to see what other people did to make a Cheeseburger Pizza, I was surprised to see it included ketchup!
Now, ketchup and me, we are not the best of buds. I like it on my burgers and to dip my fries into, but when it comes to anything else, I basically leave it alone. The recipe I based this pizza on is no longer on the internet and inaccessible. It was the one and only recipe that I saw that incorporated ketchup, mustard, tomato paste, and sugar. I see several around that have ketchup and mayonnaise, but this sauce seems to be one of its own.
Ways to top your cheeseburger pizza
When it comes right down to it, you can top your pizza any way you want to. Don't want ketchup? Use pizza sauce. The pizza police will not come after you!
- Make it a Deluxe and sprinkle with shredded lettuce, tomato, onion, and chopped cooked bacon.
- For a BLAT Cheeseburger Pizza, top with sliced avocado, bacon, lettuce, and tomato and drizzle with chipotle ranch sauce.
- How about a Cool Ranch Nacho Pizza topped with shredded lettuce, tomato, onion, and crushed Nacho Cheese or cool ranch Doritos
- Swap out the dill pickles and use some of Nanny's 7 Day Sweet Pickles on top instead!
How to make a Cheeseburger Pizza
It all starts with a great pizza dough recipe. You can either make your own or buy a premade dough. Whatever is easiest for you.
Once the dough is shaped, add your sauce. This sauce was made with mayonnaise, ketchup, and a little bit of mustard.
The ground beef tops the sauce on the dough. Then the tomato and dill pickle slices are next.
What to serve with Cheeseburger Pizza
Pizza, wings, salads. All are a natural combination. After all, what is a Friday night without them both on the table? Some of my favorite Chicken recipes are listed below. Maybe one of them will be perfect for you!
Crispy Sweet Hot Wings are baked to crispy perfection and coated in a spicy sweet hot sauce.
Crispy Maple Hot Wings are double fried perfections! Believe me, the extra step is absolutely worth it with this recipe!
Sneak a little tofu onto their plate next to that pizza! They will never know. This Greek Marinated Tofu Salad is delicious. The tofu has been marinated and totally resembles feta cheese!
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Muffins are mini meatloaves the whole family will love.
This Bacon Cheeseburger Dip is out of this world delicious.
Everyone loves this Ground Beef Pizza!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- [Homemade pizza dough]
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1-½ tablespoon mustard
- Dill pickles
- Tomato Slices
- Make pizza dough according to recipe.
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet till browned. Stir in ½ tablespoon soy sauce. Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Mix together mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard.
- Once dough is ready, shape and place on pizza stone.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over top of dough.
- Sprinkle ground beef evenly over top of mayonnaise mixture.
- Top with tomato and pickle slices.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until pizza crust has lightly browned.
Leave a comment