Matcha Cheesecake Fat Bombs are my new favorite way to boost my fats and if you love Matcha, then you are going to love these too! With 22 grams of fat and only 3 net carbs, these slightly sweet little bites are perfect to add fat to your diet!
You will need Swerve Confectioner's, Cream Cheese, Matcha Tea Powder, Coconut, and Vanilla to make this recipe.
Sometimes I find myself struggling to fall in line with the high fat end of the Keto diet and to be honest with you, the word fat bomb just did not turn me on at all. It sounded like something I really wasn't interested in eating. That is, until I found out what it was and why I should be eating it!
What is a Fat Bomb?
Fat Bombs are a snack that helps you add healthy fats to your diet and satisfy your hunger. Think of it as "Keto Candy" that you should eat in moderation. Fat bombs are far better for you because they don't have sugar, are made with healthy for you ingredients and give you that feeling of satisfaction and fullness.
Sometimes it can be really hard to meet the macros for fat on the Keto Diet and a fat bomb will help you up the fat without it being high protein or high carbohydrate. There are savory and sweet fat bomb recipes on the web and there are a ton of different flavor combinations to choose from.
Believe it or not, I had never tried Matcha until recently. I don't know why it took me so long to try it, but I'm finally on the Matcha train! As soon as I opened the packet of tea powder, the aroma hit me and it was very pleasant! I was anxious to give a cup a try! As I was drinking my tea I was thinking of how others have made desserts with Matcha and got to thinking, why not a fat bomb?
This recipe is as simple as setting your cream cheese out and bringing it to room temp, then adding the remaining ingredients, scoop into balls and rolling in some unsweetened coconut flakes tinted with a little bit of Matcha Tea Powder! I promise you, your going to love the flavor and satisfaction you get from 1 or 2 of these for a snack!
Looking for some more fat bomb recipes to add to your diet? Then be sure to check out these tried and true recipes I have made below!
Peanut Butter and Jam Cups from All Day I Dream about Food
Raspberry White Chocolate Cups - recipe on Perry's Plate but is a review post for Carolyn Ketchum's Every Day Ketogenic Kitchen Cookbook.
Matcha Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- Place 2 cups of the coconut flakes in a blender and blend on high until coconut is broken down into tiny pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer on medium speed, mix the cream cheese, ground coconut flakes, vanilla extract, ¾ teaspoon matcha tea powder, and powdered erythritol for 1 minute, until creamy.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cream cheese mixture from the refrigerator and shape into 12 equal sized balls.
- In a small shallow mixing bowl mix the remaining matcha tea powder and remaining coconut together. Roll each fat bomb in the coconut mixture.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.