This Keto Chicken Nuggets recipe is about to change the way you think about eating low carb! They are one of my favorite keto air fryer recipes made with simple ingredients found right in the pantry, and it is the best way to enjoy a quick and easy lunch that fits the keto diet.
Homemade chicken nuggets are a super easy keto recipe to make using canned chicken, shredded mozzarella cheese, almond flour, spices, and pork rinds. They are a recipe the entire family will love and are far healthier than the fast food restaurant version of chicken nuggets.
❤️ Why I Love This Recipe
✔️ It is a low carb chicken nuggets recipe the whole family will love and is far better than the deep fried regular chicken nuggets with a flour based batter.
✔️ Air fryer chicken nuggets are extra crispy from the pork rind breading on the outside and taste better than the fast food counterpart.
✔️ It is easy to bake up a double batch these keto friendly chicken nuggets in the oven for special occasions or game day parties.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Part-skim mozzarella cheese
Crushed pork rinds, these give an outer crumb to the chicken nugget adding added crunch.
Small cookie scoop or tablespoon
Small bowl (shallow)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the canned chicken, almond flour, mozzarella cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper (if using) until well incorporated.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop out a portion of the chicken and egg mixture and form into the shape of a nugget.
- Place the ground pork rinds in a shallow bowl. Dip each chicken nugget into the crushed pork rinds, coating all sides. Place the nugget on a baking sheet lightly sprayed with cooking spray or on an air fryer basket or tray. Spritz a light coating of cooking spray on top of the nuggets.
- Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven or air fryer for 15 minutes, flipping the chicken nuggets over half way thru, until crispy.
💭 Top Tips
- Be sure to drain the canned chicken well.
- Before mixing any of the ingredients into the chicken, break the chicken pieces up with a fork or use a food processor to mix everything together.
- If not using pre crushed pork rinds, use a blender or food processor to crush the pork rinds.
- I do not recommend using parchment paper if baking the recipe.
- Use plain or different flavored pork rinds as the coating (be sure there is no sugars involved in the making of these).
- Substituting coconut flour for almond flour is not recommended for this recipe as the flavor of coconut flour is too prominent.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese and a dash or two of cayenne pepper for added flavor.
- Stir in 1 tbs of hot sauce or sugar free barbecue sauce to the nugget mixture.
There is 1 net carb in each keto nugget.
I do not recommend using raw meat for this particular keto chicken nugget recipe.
🍽 Serve with...
Serve these delicious keto chicken nuggets with your favorite dipping sauce. I love to serve these with homemade ranch dressing or chipotle salad dressing.
Store keto nuggets in an air tight container in the fridge up to 3 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
🏫 The last word
- These keto chicken recipe is one of the easiest and tastiest ones out there, and the best part is the cooking method is very versatile. They can be baked, air fried, or skillet fried
- Each nugget has 1 net carb, 6 piece chicken nuggets are 1 serving
- This is an easy recipe that even kids will love to make
- Keto cooking is not hard. Using canned chicken in this recipe was a great way to get the perfect balance of flavors fast
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Keto Chicken Nuggets
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large mixing bowl, combine the canned chicken, almond flour, mozzarella cheese, egg, onion powder, and garlic powder until well incorporated.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop out a portion and shape into the shape of a nugget.
- Dip each chicken nugget into the crushed pork rinds, coating all sides. Place the nugget on a cookie sheet lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Spritz a light coating of cooking spray on top of the nuggets.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until crispy, flipping the chicken nuggets over half way thru.