With a deep, dark chocolate flavor, these Chocolate Cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream Frosting are a great way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day! The cupcakes are so easy to put together and the frosting is out of this world delicious!
This year to celebrate St. Patrick's Day I decided to doctor up my Chocolate Mayonnaise Cupcakes, frost with an Irish Cream Buttercream frosting and sprinkle with green and gold sugars. Simple, easy, delicious!
I started with Nanny's Mayonnaise Cake recipe, substituted some Irish Cream Liquor for some of the water and made a dozen cupcakes.
Pin it! Chocolate Cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream Frosting
Chocolate Cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream Frosting
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For the Cupcakes
FOR THE CUPCAKES
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the cupcake pans with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and add the mayonnaise, water, Bailey's Irish Cream and vanilla. Mix with hand mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Using a ¼ cup measure, scoop batter into the cupcake liners. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until no longer wet on top and toothpick comes out clean. Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack and cool completely.
FOR THE FROSTING
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, blend together the cream cheese, butter, and Bailey's Irish Cream.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, to the cream cheese mixture, mixing well until well combined. Add more cream if needed to obtain spreading consistency.
- This frosting will harden in the fridge, so plan to frost your cupcakes as soon as you are done making the frosting, If refrigerated, you will need to bring back to room temperature prior to frosting.