Chewy M&M Cookies made the patriotic way! These cookies are nice and chewy, not crispy and crunchy. Just the way Grumpy and I both love them! They are also easy to make and a delicious way to please everyone on your July 4th celebration!
This week the Sunday Supper Tastemakers are sharing Patriotic recipes being hosted by Cindy of Cindy's Recipes and Writings. You're bound to see some amazing recipes this week! I decided to stick with something simple that everyone loves. Cookies.
I must admit, I rarely make a cookie like this one. Usually I stick to my Nanny's soft cookie recipes. However, I happened to come across a bag of red, white, and blue M&M's and while I could have come up with something exotic to use them in, I really didn't have the energy.
I tried the tactic of putting these in the freezer, hoping that would deter both Grumpy and I from devouring them too quickly. Needless to say, that tactic didn't work. We ate them straight from the freezer, they were THAT good.
What special recipe will you make for your July 4th celebration?
PIN IT! Chewy M&M Cookies!
Chewy M&M Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream sugars and butter until well blended. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to sugar mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fold in M&M's and drop dough by tablespoons onto parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes for chewy cookies.