These Berry Trifles are creamy and delicious packed with cherries and blueberries between layers of vanilla flavored yogurt and ladyfingers. This weight watcher berry trifle recipe can be breakfast and also works as a dessert!
I love to serve this Cherry-Blueberry Trifle recipe not only tastes great, but it is healthy for you too. ! With only 9 points per trifle, this is a filling and satisfying treat that fits the weight watchers lifestyle.
❤️ Why I Love This Recipe
✔️ Blueberries and cherries have great health benefits. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C while Cherries are linked to lowering risk factors to heart disease, reduce inflammation, and cholesterol
✔️ This weight watcher trifle recipe has only 9 points per serving (using the most recent calculator 2022).
✔️ This berry trifle recipe is sweet enough for dessert, but healthy enough for breakfast!
Cherries (if fresh cannot be found, frozen will work)
Lady fingers , cut into thirds
- In a large bowl, toss the blueberries and cherries with the brown sugar sweetener. Allow the berries to soak for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, sugar free sweetener, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Place ¼ cup of the berry mixture, with some of the juices from the berries, in the bottom of trifle bowl. Top with 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture.
- Add 1 layer of lady fingers.
- Repeat layers, topping with the last bit of yogurt. Cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours.
- Prior to serving, sprinkle each parfait with 1 teaspoon pecan pieces.
Calories: 288 Fat: 4 Carbohydrates: 48 Protein: 14
Yes, however the fruit should be thawed and drained before using.
No, the lady fingers will soften some, but they will not get soggy overnight.
- Fresh or frozen cherries can be used. If using frozen, all them to thaw completely before assembling the fruit mixture.
- Making this trifle the day before it will be on the menu is highly recommended. Be sure there is at least 4 hours refrigeration time before serving.
- Use any fresh berries of your choice in place of the cherries and blueberries. Raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries all will work interchangeably.
- Substitute pound cake or angel food cake cut into cubes for the ladyfingers
- Sugar free vanilla pudding can stand in for the yogurt. If you use pudding, do not add the sweetener or extract.
When I serve these mixed Berry Trifles for breakfast, I generally pair it with a cup of coffee. If serving for desert it can be topped with a dollop of whipped topping made with sugar free sweetener and heavy whipping cream.
Store these Cherry-Blueberry Trifles in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Cherry Blueberry Trifle Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For the yogurt mixture
- In a large bowl, toss the blueberries and cherries with the brown sugar sweetener. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, granulated sugar free sweetener, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Place ¼ cup of the berry mixture, with some of the juices from the berries, in the bottom of the trifle bowl. Top with 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture. Add ⅓ of the ladyfingers over top of the yogurt.
- Repeat layers, topping with the remaining yogurt. Cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours.
- Prior to serving, sprinkle each parfait with 1 teaspoon pecan pieces (if using).