Mom's Caramelized Cinnamon Toast is a childhood favorite treat she would make for us. A slice of bread, buttered, then is sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Then, broiled to toasty caramelized perfection!
Celebrate Mother's Day this year with Mom's Caramelized Cinnamon Toast recipe and turn her plain-jane cup of coffee into a sweet, creamy, frothy, foam-topped latte! The crunchy, buttery cinnamon sugar mixture broiled on top of her toast pairs perfectly with a nice hot latte!
It's the little things that will make Mom happy. Trust me. I know! Being a Mom myself, There is nothing more special than having your child treat you to breakfast on Mother's Day! I will be making my own breakfast this year as my children live too far away from me to treat me in that way but this year, I intend to treat myself and my own Mom!
My Mom always made the yummiest treats and Caramelized Cinnamon Toast was one of those treats she would make for us. Mom made her cinnamon toast in a special way for us kids. None of that butter your toast and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on. Her way gave us a crunchy caramelized sugar topping that was a pleasure to all tastes and senses!
By broiling your cinnamon toast, you will get that buttery caramelized, crunchy topping that is so hard to resist and so perfect to enjoy beside your Latte. It is almost like candy on your bread 🙂
How will you treat your mom this Mother's Day?
Pin it! Caramelized Cinnamon Toast
Mom's Caramelized Cinnamon Toast
- Preheat broiler on low setting.
- Butter each slice of bread with 1 teaspoon butter. Depending on the size of your bread, you may need to use more butter and that's ok!
- Stir together raw sugar crystals and ground cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over buttered bread. Gently tap bread slice all around to spread sugar mixture over top, coating the butter completely.
- Place under broiler and broil 2-3 minutes. Watch carefully as toast can burn easily.