I however, would eat this again (and will when I take leftovers to lunch on Monday)! I loved the spices and it just felt "warming" and "comforting" to me. This Beef Tagine is a recipe I slightly adapted from Cooking Light Magazine. If you like the sound of the ingredients, then you will probably like the dish.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Beef Tagine with Butternut Squash
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound beef shoulder roast , or petite tender roast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 shallots , quartered
- 4 cloves garlic , chopped
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 14.5 ounces petite diced tomatoes , undrained
- 1 pound butternut squash , cut into 1" cubes (about 3 cups)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine paprika, cinnamon, salt, ginger, red pepper, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Add beef; toss well to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and shallots; cook or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add squash; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25-30 minutes or until squash is tender. Sprinkle with cilantro.