BBQ Beef Brisket Sandwiches are full of melt in your mouth flavor, a little sweet, a little heat and sandwiched between a hearty bun that has been toasted with butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese! A hearty sandwich fit enough to fill up the hungriest of cowboy sized appetites.
This week the Sunday Supper Tastemakers are celebrating Cowboy Cooking! Thanks goes to Cindy Kerschner of Cindy's Recipes and Writings for being our host for this event!
While I did not grow up on a cattle ranch, I did grow up in the New York dairy farm industry. My dad had a huge passion for farming as well as his dad, my mom's dad, and her brothers. My own dad didn't get to pursue his farming dream until he retired from the zinc mines in 1981 (the year I graduated high school!) That didn't mean I didn't have my share of haying season, barn cleaning and milking of the cows! I was and still am proud to be a farmer's daughter!
This weekend I had the opportunity to visit Debbie Lyons-Blythe (Kids, Cows, and Grass), meet her family and visit the Family Ranch in Kansas as well as tour the Tiffany Cattle Company and get a taste of cowboy ranch recipes with Kent Rollins. I realized just how different farming in the west is than farming in the east! I have to say I am in love with Kansas after this trip and feel so honored to have been one who was able to attend!
Now that I know what works up that big cowboy hunger, I can appreciate the recipes more! So, after your long hard day of rustlin' cattle, mixing feed, or harvesting crops, you will want a Certified Angus Beef® brand BBQ Beef Brisket Sandwich, the #BestBeef! Be sure to grab the recipe and give it a try!
More hearty sandwich recipes
- Cowboy Burgers by Home Sweet Homestead
- Grilled Butter Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Open Faced Steak Sandwich by Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Steak Sandwiches by Restless Chipotle
Slow Cooker BBQ Brisket
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For the Sauce
- Place all of the sauce ingredients in a large slow cooker. Stir until well combined.
- Place all of the dry rub ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pat beef brisket lightly with paper towel to remove dampness.
- Rub the dry rub over the brisket, massaging it well all over the top, bottom, and sides.
- Transfer the brisket into the slow cooker and cover with lid.
- Cook on low setting for 10 hours.
- Remove beef from slow cooker and cut in slices. Return slices to the sauce in slow cooker.and combine meat and sauce.
- Serve over hearty rolls with your favorite side (Grumpy loves coleslaw!)