This Banana Coffee Smoothie is creamy, delicious and a great wake up to smoothie add to your morning routine. This breakfast drink is made with milk and honey, but can easily be made vegan with almond milk and maple syrup.
Not too sweet, with just enough kick to start the day, a Banana Coffee Smoothie brings coffee, fruit, healthy fats, and protein to the table. Serve it up alongside these Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes for a complete delicious morning meal.
🍌The Morning Jolt
I am an avid coffee drinker. However, most of the time, I only drink it in the morning. I love the flavor and the morning relaxation time that comes with that first cuppa joe.
When the weather gets hot, I like to enjoy an iced coffee. I also love smoothies in the morning, so this recipe came about because of my love of both!
What Is A Smoothie
A smoothie is a thick drink made with fruit, milk, yogurt, or ice cream. They can be also be made non-dairy by using any of the non-dairy alternatives. They can be boosted with protein by using protein powder, and sweetened naturally with honey or maple syrup.
Smoothies are not only delicious and fun, but they make a very nutrition filled meal. Often times my breakfast will consist of a big smoothie like this Banana Coffee Smoothie and it will satisfy until lunch. When I'm not sipping on a smoothie, I will enjoy a Berry Smoothie Bowl (also fun to make and eat!).
Espresso, or strong coffee
Peanut butter, I choose to use an all natural peanut butter with no sugar added.
Honey, I love this 100% pure raw unfiltered honey.
Blender, I am in love with my blender!
- Place the banana, ice, milk, coffee, peanut butter, and honey in the blender.
- Blend on high until smooth and frosty.
- Use a caramel flavored coffee for a banana caramel coffee smoothie.
- Add another level of flavor and substitute the honey with a sugar-free syrup. I love to use Jordan's Skinny Salted Caramel or Banana Flavored syrup. (Use this link to order with the code grumpyshoneybunch)
- Substitute greek yogurt or frozen yogurt for the milk. If using frozen yogurt, eliminate the ice cubes.
- Freeze the banana ahead of time and then eliminate the ice.
- Use pure maple syrup instead of honey.
- Substitute the milk with a non-dairy milk such as cashew or almond milk.
🥤 More smoothie recipes to try
Banana Coffee Smoothie
- 1 banana
- ½ cup strong coffee
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cups ice
- Place the banana, coffee, milk, peanut butter, honey, and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.