These Carrot Cake Energy Bites are an easy to make raw recipe that a healthy snack that tastes like carrot cake! They get their sweetness from the medjool dates, carrots, vanilla, and warm spices. And, the rolled oats, raw pecans, and white chia seed pack in a healthy amount of nutrition, fiber, and vitamins.
This is a no bake snack carrot cake flavored recipe tastes delicious and is perfect as an after workout snack. These carrot cake energy balls are ready in just 15 minutes and are easily stored in the fridge or freezer.
Putting Grumpy's favorite cake flavor into a healthier snack recipe!
It's no secret here that Grumpy's favorite cake is a carrot cake. However, just because he loves it does not mean he gets to eat it all the time. I usually make a carrot cake once a year on his birthday, and that is it!
When trying to come up with some healthy snack Ideas I decided to mix one of Grumpy's favorite flavors with one of my favorite stone fruits, the medjool date and make a healthy snack ball recipe!
What you need to make this recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Medjool Dates: Sweeten the carrot cake energy bites. They also pack a good amount of fiber in the recipe.
White Chia Seeds: these are used to boost fiber. if you don't have white chia seed, then black works just as well.
Gluten-Free Rolled Oats: Whole rolled oats are the best.
Cinnamon and nutmeg
Small Cookie Scoop (optional)
Food Processor (necessary)
- Make sure any pits are removed from the dates prior to processing.
- When processing the ingredients in the food processor, use the pulse button rather than continuously run the processor.
- Shred the carrot to reduce the number of carrot bits in the energy bite.
- Use a small cookie scoop to get even portions.
Ingredient Substitutions and Adaptations
- Substitute black chia seeds or hemp seeds for the white chia seeds.
- Substitute raw walnuts in place of the pecans.
- Use an orange flavored extract in place of the vanilla.
- Roll the carrot cake energy bites in shredded coconut or chopped raw pecans once they have been shaped.
Other Healthy Snack Recipes you may like
Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup chopped raw pecans
- ¼ cup white chia seeds
- ¾ cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Combine the dates, rolled oats, pecans, and chia seeds in a food processor bowl. Cover and process for 2 minutes, or until well combined and chopped. [mv_img id="24700"]
- Add the carrots, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Cover and process another 2 minutes, or until ingredients begin to come together into a ball shape. [mv_img id="24701"]
- Scoop 1 tablespoon size portions and roll into ball shape. Store in refrigerator or freezer. [mv_img id="24671"]