This Oven Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip is creamy, cheesy, and full of incredible flavor. It is made with fresh spinach, artichoke hearts and a blend of cheeses. It is great to set out for parties or just make for a Friday night at home with a glass of wine, Parmesan Cheese Crisps for dipping and a good movie.
I love a baked Spinach Artichoke Dip. Just hand me a spoon and I'm good to go! This dip is one of the only ways I can even get Grumpy to eat an artichoke. He is a huge spinach fan though and he never noticed the artichoke!
A naturally low carb keto dip recipe
This is a naturally keto spinach artichoke dip recipe. Made with only 6 ingredients. And, all of the ingredients just happen to be keto-friendly, making it very easy to enjoy without guilt! This recipe has 3 net carbs per serving (8 servings).
The carbs in this recipe, however, are all vegetable carbs. From the spinach, and artichokes. So, in no what whatsoever are they bad carbs. If you're going to eat a few more carbs, these are the kind to enjoy.
No matter who you serve this to, they will not care what type of recipe it is. They will only care that it is delicious and want to eat it!
What you need to make this Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Spinach: Many recipes call for thawed, frozen spinach. However, that is not my cup of tea. I like fresh spinach better and it's not that hard to steam, cool, and squeeze the liquid out. 12 ounces raw spinach may seem like a lot, but spinach shrinks volumes when cooked.
Artichoke Hearts: I buy these canned and just chop them up coarsely.
Sour Cream: Use full-fat sour cream. It has the best flavor and for a keto recipe, you will want the fat in the dish.
Cream Cheese: The same goes for cream cheese, use full fat. Most reduced-fat cream cheese has added starches. Something you don't want on keto.
Tips for making Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Be sure to squeeze as much water from the spinach as possible. Then break the spinach up when adding it to the cheese mixture.
- Be sure to use shredded parmesan and not grated. You can buy pre-shredded in the refrigerated section of the store, or you can buy a brick and shred your own.
- Ceramic baking dishes work best for this dip. It heats evenly and is no stick.
Other ways to make this keto dip
- Add 1 cup chopped cooked or grilled chicken or shrimp to the cheese mixture in step 3.
- Spice it up with ½ teaspoon chipotle powder for a slight hit of heat.
- Omit the artichoke and Saute some and 2 cups mushrooms ¼ cup diced Red pepper, 1 small diced jalapeno pepper, and ¼ cup diced onion. Stir into the cream cheese mixture.
- Top the artichoke dip with crumbled, crispy cooked bacon after removing from the oven.
- Swap the parmesan cheese for asiago cheese. Asiago has a strong intense delicious flavor that goes well in this dip.
What to dip?
On keto, it can be a little difficult at first to figure out what to enjoy with your dip. However, there are several options out there! Below are a few things we like to dip.
- Plain pork rinds
- Parmesan Cheese Crisps (microwave recipe)
- Zucchini Chips
- Keto Grain Free Crackers
- Cucumber Slices
- Mini Bell Peppers
More Low Carb Keto Artichoke Recipes to Enjoy
Grilled Chicken Artichoke Pizza is a delicious way to cut the carbs and enjoy pizza!
Cheese and Herb Stuffed Artichoke is a delicious and fast microwave recipe stuffed full of flavors.
Balsalmic Browned Butter Artichokes are made with baby artichokes that are oven-roasted with a delicious balsamic browned butter glaze.
Spinach Artichoke Portabella Quiches are individual spinach artichoke quiches cooked inside portabella mushroom caps for a festive low carb, gluten-free meal.
*If you made this recipe for Spinach Artichoke Dip, please give it a star rating*
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 12 oz fresh spinach steamed, cooled, and squeezed dry
- 1 14 ounce canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 4 oz Cream Cheese softened
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, mix the cream cheese until creamy. Add the sour cream and mix to blend.
- Add the parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper cheese and mix until combined.
- Stir in the spinach until combined. Transfer to a small casserole dish and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn the broiler on and broil for 5-10 minutes, or until top is browned (if desired)