Pistachio-Cherry No-Churn Ice Cream is one of Grumpy's most favorite ice cream flavors brought into one dish with little effort! This no-churn ice cream is so delicious and super easy to make!
What is no-churn ice cream
Basically No-Churn Ice Cream is the method used when you don't have an ice cream maker. You mix the ice cream ingredients into a container and put it in the freezer. That's it.
No churn ice cream was a new concept for me. I grew up going to Saturday Night Ice Cream Socials but at those socials, we always churned our ice cream, so I had no idea I could ever accomplish a creamy ice cream without churning it!
I always believed that to get the smoothest, creamiest ice cream, you had to churn it to break down the ice crystals. I'm not sure what causes the magic in this Pistacho-Cherry No-Churn Ice Cream, but I'm sure glad I was able to make it without the ice cream maker.
Why I made Pistachio-Cherry No-Churn Ice Cream for Grumpy
Grumpy's favorite ice cream flavor is pistachio. Anytime we have gone out for ice cream, that is always the flavor he wants. If we get to a stand and there is no pistachio, he pouts! So, I couldn't let Ice Cream Week go by without making his favorite flavor.
This Pistachio-Cherry No-Churn Ice Cream was my first attempt and it turned out pretty creamy and amazing!
To kick it up a little bit and to add some more color, I added some fresh pitted cherries. As a child, my favorite shake flavor to get at the ice cream stand was cherry.
I loved the bits of cherry that would clog up my straw. So, in honor of two of our favorites, I have created this recipe for you. I hope you enjoy it!
Other Ice Cream Treats you may like:
- Roasted Cherry Milkshake by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Pumpkin Gelato with Salted Caramel Swirl by The Redhead Baker
- Lemon Curd Ice Cream by Life Tastes Good
- Blueberry Frozen Yogurt by Renee's Kitchen Adventures
- Raspberry Ripple Buttermilk Gelato by Crumb
Are you a vanilla lover? Then try this Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream!
Pistachio-Cherry No-Churn Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1-3.5 ounce package Sugar-Free Instant Pistachio Pudding Powder
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 cup pitted and halved fresh cherries
- Whip heavy cream and pudding mix until light and fluffy.
- Fold in sweetened condensed milk, pistachios, and cherries.
- Pour into a 9-inch loaf pan and freeze at least 6 hours.