These Mini Popovers are baked until puffed and golden then are filled with brie cheese and slices of fresh seckel pear. They are delicious appetizers that are great for holiday parties or appetizer to a special meal with the family.
There is nothing more pleasing to the taste buds than a warm mini popover with a creamy cheese filling. Brie is the perfect cheese to use in these appetizers and it pairs really well with the fresh pear.
Holiday Appetizer Ideas
I especially love to serve these Mini Popovers during the holidays. Christmas Eve and New Years Eve are two of my favorite times to make these. My entire family loves this Festive Cranberry Pecan Brie wrapped in crescent dough and topped with sugared cranberries.
Because I love bite sized appetizers that you can hold in your hand, I started making these mini popovers with brie cheese and seckel pears. Now it is an expected holiday appetizer from my family that is made every year.
What Are Popovers
Popovers are very similar to yorkshire pudding. I also compare them to cream puffs. They basically have the same type of ingredients but they are cooked in muffin pans or pans made specifically for popovers and the batter is mixed in a bowl rather than over the heat on the stove.
The flavor of popovers is typically savory and oftentimes cheese is added to them. These mini popovers have the cheese in the center after baking, making the cheese more discernible. The addition of seckel pear adds a contrast of sweetness to the popover.
The ingredients for these mini popovers are super basic and are most likely ingredients you already have on hand.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Mixing Bowl (medium sized)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and oil until combined.
- Add the flour and salt. Beat the flour mixture into the egg mixture until smooth.
- Fill the prepared cups half full with batter.
- Bake the mini popovers for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, slit the tops of the popover and place a small slice of brie cheese inside the slit.
- Place the popovers back in the oven and bake 5 minutes. Serve immediately with pears if desired.
👪 Serving size
This recipe makes 24 mini popovers; 2 popovers equals 1 serving.
💭 Top tip
- Mix the mini popovers ahead of time and when ready to bake, just scoop into the mini muffin pans and bake.
- Freeze baked popovers without the cheese up to 3 months. When ready to use, thaw, add the cheese, and pop in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Substitute any soft cheese for the brie. Camembert, goat cheese, or gorgonzola are good substitutes.
- Besides the pears, these mini popovers can be served with apples, grapes, or apricots.
More Appetizer Recipes
*If you made this mini popover recipe, please give it a star rating*
Mini Popovers with Brie and Pears
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 seckel pear , sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, using a wire whisk, mix together the eggs, milk, and oil until combined.
- Add the flour and salt; beat until smooth.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups half full with the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven, slit tops of popover and place a small chunk of brie cheese inside the opening.
- Place the popovers back in the oven and bake 5 minutes more. Serve with pears if desired.