Fresh Raspberries and Blackberries in Lime Ginger Dressing make a perfect summer dessert. Refreshing and delicious. The fresh berries with a simple sugar lime dressing don’t overload you with bad for you carbs at the end of your meal!

Oh Raspberries and Lime, how I love thee.  Now lets add blackberries and ginger to the picture.  Divine!  Who knew?  Obviously Kat of Study Food did!

For this month’s Taste & Create event I was partnered with Kat.  When I saw her recipe for Fruit Salad Dressing, I knew I had to try it.  Anything that has lime in it is going to attract my attention in a big way!  Kat used different fruits – I decided to pair mine with Raspberries and Blackberries.  They are on sale right now in the markets and honestly, I am a Raspberry/Lime kind of girl anyway!

Fresh Raspberries and Blackberries in Lime Ginger Dressing

I will admit I was a little bit leery of the fresh ginger in the dressing – but I did it anyway, and wow, it was not a mistake!  The fresh ginger just made the juice even more fresh if that is at all possible!

Back when Taste & Create started there were a lot more participants.  Unfortunately, there are very few anymore and I have to give Nicole a lot of credit (and Min!)  for foraging ahead and keeping it alive.  I am really glad I did because the bloggers that are involved in this event are doing it for their love of cooking – not just for the opportunity to be featured on someone else’s blog. I love this event because it does bring me to a blog I may not otherwise have found….and to recipes as simple as this one that I made from Kat’s blog.  If you haven’t joined in with Taste & Create, you really should give it a try.  You will have fun, you may be challenged, but you will not be disappointed…I promise!

If you like this recipe for fresh berries, you may also like this twist that KC Kitchen Chopper has on her blog for Honey Balsalmic Marinated Berries!

Fresh Raspberries and Blackberries in Lime Ginger Dressing

Fresh Raspberries and Blackberries in Lime Ginger Dressing
adapted from Kat’s creation on Study Food

Printable Recipe

1 cup fresh blackberries
1 cup fresh raspberries
juice of 1 lime
2 packets splenda (or your favorite sweetener)
t teaspoon sized chunk of fresh ginger – freshly grated

Mix lime juice, splenda, and fresh grated ginger (I used my microplane zester).  Pour over fresh berries and toss lightly to coat.

1. Fallon June 16, 2011 at 11:25 am - Reply

I don't think I'd ever get sick of eating just plain berries. The lime-ginger dressing sounds really refreshing and a good way to change up normal berries!

2. Lizzy June 16, 2011 at 11:29 am - Reply

Oh, yummy! I love a bowl of berries in the afternoon…and this takes them to a whole different level! Delicious idea~

3. Dan June 16, 2011 at 12:13 pm - Reply

That's quite the fruit salad. The ginger must really compliment the berries.

4. bellini June 16, 2011 at 2:16 pm - Reply

I have always loved Nicoles event sine I love to feature other peoples recipes. Time is what is the enemy these days:D

5. Maria June 16, 2011 at 8:12 pm - Reply

Pretty and perfect for summer!

6. LaPhemmePhoodie June 16, 2011 at 9:24 pm - Reply

I would have never thought to pair these fruits with lime let along ginger but it sounds fantastic.

7. Pegasuslegend June 16, 2011 at 10:50 pm - Reply

I just bought tons here today they were so inexpensive and in abundance right now cant wait to try

8. Donna-FFW June 17, 2011 at 12:03 pm - Reply

PERFECT summer treat!!!

9. Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen June 17, 2011 at 3:04 pm - Reply

Summery sweet goodness, you have me drooling!

10. Carolyn June 18, 2011 at 10:19 pm - Reply

I fell in love with raspberries and lime when I made a lime curd tart and topped it with raspberries. Delicious! And this is so simple, but showcases the flavours so well!

11. Nutmeg Nanny June 19, 2011 at 4:19 am - Reply

This looks fresh, summery and delicious!

12. NO REASON NEEDED June 21, 2011 at 3:06 am - Reply

I've enjoyed participating for well over a year, though I'm surprised we've never been paired up.

Here's to hoping…

Carol

13. Elle June 22, 2011 at 4:36 pm - Reply

Gorgeous! I'm a raspberry/lime girl, too. 😉

14. Shelby June 22, 2011 at 8:23 pm - Reply

I know you are Elle 😉 Your also a coconut girl…a right up my alley kind of girl!

15. KC the Kitchen Chopper June 7, 2014 at 2:10 pm - Reply

The Hubby isn't a big ginger fan, but this might "trip his trigger". I love fresh ginger. Thanks so much for the "Shout out". Big Hugs to you girl!! 🙂

16. […] Fresh Raspberries and Blackberries in Lime Ginger Dressing are a fresh fruit side that compliments these breakfast rolls nicely. Or, maybe you want just a […]