This looks a little naked, don’t you think?
Even under dressed, it looks pretty yummy.  Colorful and saucy with a bit of a tang.
This one is ready for a party though.  All decked out with coleslaw.  Grumpy style.  Makes me want to say “I’ll have what he’s having.”
The original recipe for these delicious joes are over at Mindika Moments.  I have found myself going to Mindi’s blog and drooling often.  She definitely has meals that are Grumpy’s style!

Decked out Sloppy Joes
1-1/2 lb. ground venison (you can use any ground meat such as turkey, chicken or beef)
1 t. salt
½ t. pepper

1/2 C. carrots, diced
1/2 C. celery, diced
1 large red pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced

2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (8oz.) can tomato sauce
1/3 C. ketchup
1-1/2 T. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/3 C. brown sugar
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
In a large skillet heat sprayed with cooking spray, saute carrots, celery, red pepper, garlic, onion and venison.  Cook until venison is done and the veggies are tender.  Season with salt & pepper as they cook.
Add the tomato sauce, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and vinegar. Stir to combine.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes or until all the flavors come together.
Serve with hamburger buns and top with coleslaw.

1. Kait June 1, 2010 at 4:31 pm - Reply

Great idea putting the coleslaw inside! I wish I could have one right now.

2. Cristine June 1, 2010 at 5:04 pm - Reply

Looks delicious, as always!

3. Chef Dennis June 1, 2010 at 5:25 pm - Reply

I love sloppy joes…I love cole slaw….I love that sandwich!!!!!!
    thanks so much for sharing and making me hungry!

4. Lynda June 1, 2010 at 6:30 pm - Reply

I made sloppy joes last week, but I've never thought of topping them with slaw-sounds good though!
    I'd like a joe now!

5. Kathleen June 1, 2010 at 6:42 pm - Reply

This looks and sounds amazing! I'd like mine with the coleslaw too!

6. Mags June 1, 2010 at 8:44 pm - Reply

That cole slaw on top makes a sloppy joe even sloppier…YUM!

7. Marthe June 1, 2010 at 10:37 pm - Reply

Oh my gosh, now you've got me drooling and craving one of those Sloppy Joes at 0:37 am…. These look absolutely scrumptious, no wonder Grumpy loved them!!!

8. pegasuslegend June 1, 2010 at 10:37 pm - Reply

amazing havent thought of making these in years, my kids use to love them! You not only brought back great memories but an urge to make these again …looks wonderful thanks for reminding me 🙂

9. bellini valli June 2, 2010 at 1:08 am - Reply

I have to be a carnicore sometimes too Shelby. I love sloppy joes, I don't know why I don't have them more often.

10. For Goodness Sake June 2, 2010 at 1:31 am - Reply

I haven't thought about topping with slaw either–but it is making me drool just thinking about it. I guess Grumpy does know what's good!

11. Kevin June 5, 2010 at 8:11 pm - Reply

Those sandwiches look good! Gotta have the slaw!