Zucchini Parm

Last Saturday I made Zucchini Parmesan. Ahem. That was a boo boo. You know. Grumpy needs his meat. So, to appease him, after I told him zucchini parm, well I added, I can grill some shrimp. Which I did and which you have already seen HERE. However, that evening our conversation went like this.

HoneyB: If you want me to make you something you want to eat that you enjoy tomorrow, I need you to give me some input as to what you want.

Grumpy: O.K.

hours later…..

HoneyB: Do you want to eat tomorrow or do you want me to feed you tofu.

Grumpy: expletive….tofu.

HoneyB: Well, then I need your input!

Grumpy: How about shells, spaghetti or manicotti or even country fried steak with gravy.

HoneyB: thinking to herself….ho hum. You are so BORING. 😉

Grumpy was fed manicotti on Sunday evening. But, he also had some of the Zucchini Parm on Saturday. Did he like it? He says no. He did eat a serving but no more. I packed up a serving to take for my work lunch and then took the rest to mom and dads. I knew they would appreciate my vegetarian dish. 😉 Sue did tell me my lunch smelled good that day. I think its all in Grumpy’s head….

HoneyB’s Simple Zucchini Parmesan

1 large zucchini sliced
1 cup italian bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
Olive Oil
1-8 oz. package shredded part-skim mozzeralla cheese
1 jar (your favorite brand) spaghetti sauce

Heat olive oil in frying pan on medium heat. Dip zucchini in beaten egg mixture and turn to coat. Dip in italian bread crumbs, turn to coat. Place in frying pan and fry until browned on both sides. Layer in 8×8 glass baking dish to cover bottom. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and top with spaghetti sauce. Repeat layers. Bake at 350 degrees until heated thru (bubbles will come to top of dish) and cheese starts to brown. Remove from oven, cool for approximately 10 minutes, serve and enjoy – unless your Grumpy. 😀

1. Jessie August 26, 2009 at 3:49 pm - Reply

grumpy should stop being a stinker! lol That zucchini parmesan looks absolutely amazing!

2. Finsmom August 26, 2009 at 5:27 pm - Reply

Sounds like a conversation with my hubby!!! 🙂

3. The Hungry Mouse August 26, 2009 at 5:32 pm - Reply

Oh, that Grumpy! This looks really good!

+Jessie

4. JennyMac August 26, 2009 at 6:45 pm - Reply

I find men have no creativity to come up with meal ideas. Been down THAT road. What I do is (having in mind that I have chicken or ground beef ready to cook)…I ask K-man would he like chicken or beef for dinner. Sometimes I tell him my ideas how I want the chicken/beef like if it's going to be grilled, casserole, etc. This way he has input in what he wants and doesn't feel the pressure in creating something on his own. They already know that their ideas are not on the menu i.e. peanut butter and jelly, mac and cheese, pizza, hot dogs, etc. and would be shot down. Poor guys, can't win! LOL

5. JennyMac August 26, 2009 at 6:45 pm - Reply

6. Barbara Bakes August 26, 2009 at 8:07 pm - Reply

Looks great to me! I asked my husband for an idea for Monday night's dinner and he said he wanted a pork roast. I just laughed, sure I'm going to cook a pork roast on a Monday night to serve the fam after football practice gets done between 8 – 9 pm.

7. Leslie August 26, 2009 at 8:11 pm - Reply

Men..you cant live with em and you cant live with em! Oh I mean without them! LOL

8. Spryte August 26, 2009 at 8:19 pm - Reply

I think it's in his head too!

That looks delish!!

9. pigpigscorner August 26, 2009 at 8:29 pm - Reply

Sounds like my hubs! haha

10. Tracy August 26, 2009 at 9:36 pm - Reply

Grumpy and my husband have a lot in common. I'd like your zucchini dish, he wouldn't. Men!

11. Katy ~ August 26, 2009 at 11:25 pm - Reply

I think Grumpy and Ole Sweetie-Pi were separated at birth. We had a very similar conversation about eggplant parm just recently LOL LOL LOL

The zucchini looks right up my alley!

12. Fallon August 27, 2009 at 12:04 am - Reply

That sounds delicious and a good alternative to the eggplant parm.

I think men just get really adjusted to their women cooking for them. They actually become spoiled and think they can get whatever they want!! Sometimes they should just be happy we do cook 😉

13. Mary Ann August 27, 2009 at 1:38 am - Reply

Sounds like me and you and all the other veggie lovers should get together and eat our hearts out while the guys go to a steakhouse or something!
    This looks so good to me!

14. Cristine August 27, 2009 at 6:09 am - Reply

Grumpy cracks me up! This meal looks so good!

15. Coleen's Recipes August 27, 2009 at 8:56 am - Reply

Our husbands must be brothers. My hubby has decided he dislikes a lot more foods than he likes (new discovery). He will eat just about anything grilled but that gets boring. He loves meats but hates most sauces. He falls over dead if something has garlic or bell peppers in it and has recently decided he doesn't like parmesan cheese.When I ask him for HIS input, he tells me "surprise me" lol !!

16. Kevin August 31, 2009 at 11:05 am - Reply

That zucchini parmesan looks really good!