Pork with Ginger Maple Sauce on a plate with brussels sprouts in the back

Pork with Ginger Maple Sauce is a combination of sweet and spicy pork chop recipe that is ready in just under 30 minutes. The maple and ginger with spice blend offer up a savory sweetness with a kick.

Pork with Ginger Maple Sauce

This recipe for Pork with Ginger Maple Sauce is quick, easy, and loaded flavor. This tender and juicy pork recipe will become a regular on your dinner table.

Learning how to cook with pork

Pork has been a challenge for me because I wasn’t bought up eating it and I haven’t had a clue for the most part on how to cook it. I had to teach myself what I do know about cooking pork. This Pork with Ginger Maple Sauce recipe definitely was successful for me and I’m feeling a little more confident with pork steaks now!

pork steak cut so you can see the cooked center

I have maple syrup on hand all the time as my cousin makes it every year and I always buy a gallon. And, while I didn’t grow up eating pork, one thing I knew was pork went well with maple syrup. I would get to eat bacon on occasion at my Nanny’s house and loved to dip it in maple syrup. It was savory and sweet and so delicious!

Pork with Ginger Maple Sauce on a plate with brussels sprouts in the back

What makes Pork with Ginger Maple Sauce a successful recipe

There are several reasons this recipe is considered a success for me and I want to share them with you so you can do the same thing.

• Be sure to dry rub the pork steaks with the spices. Doing this will give the pork a really gorgeous browned color as it sears in the pan.
  • Don’t use cooking spray. I know cooking spray has become a modern convenience, but honestly, this recipe needs some fat. The cooking spray doesn’t cut it for me.
  • Don’t overcook the pork. Once it has been pan-seared and starts to simmer, set the timer for 8 minutes. Check the temperature with a thermometer. The temperature for the doneness of pork is from 145-160 degrees. I like my thermometer to register 155 when I remove the steaks.
  • This recipe is Paleo and Pure maple syrup works in it. If your Keto, then use sugar-free maple syrup. No matter what our diet, don’t skip this Ginger Maple Sauce, it’s a perfect compliment.

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.

Pork steak simmering in the skillet

What you need to make this recipe

I like to use only the best quality ingredients to make our food. After all, it is very true that you are what you eat!

The Pork: I like to buy the pork that I know is going to have exceptional tenderness and great flavor. Choose a premium, all-natural pork with no added hormones.

The Sweetener: If you are Paleo, then go ahead and use pure maple syrup. It is the best. However, on Keto, you are not allowed to consume pure maple syrup. I highly recommend a sugar-free maple syrup to replace it.

The Spices: Make sure your spices are not past the expiration date. Anything that sits in your pantry for too long will eventually lose its potency.

The Fat: My recommended fat to use in this recipe is ghee or olive oil.

A knife cutting into the pork steak on the plate

Serving suggestions for Pork with Ginger Maple Sauce

Many people like to serve this type of meal with rice. Since rice is not allowed on Paleo or Keto, I recommend serving this with either a bowl of cauliflower rice or this Garlic Mashed Cauliflower recipe.

Garlic Mashed Cauliflower with Browned Butter in a serving bowl

If you are not following a low carb diet, these Mashed Potatoes are the best!

For a vegetable side dish, I recommend these Cheese and Herb Stuffed Artichokes. This is a microwave recipe that uses the broiler at the end to brown the cheesy topping.

Sweet Potato Stacks with Parmesan Sage Topping

These Browned Butter Sweet Potato Stacks would complement the Pork with Ginger Maple Sauce nicely, as well as this Roasted Acorn Squash recipe.

Roasted Acorn Squash with Maple Browned Butter and Crispy Sage

*If you made this recipe, please give it a star rating*

Pork with Ginger Maple Sauce on a plate with brussels sprouts in the back
Yield: 4 servings

Pork with Ginger Maple Sauce

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes

A sweet ginger maple sauce compliments the delicious pork steak, making this recipe a delicious fall treat.

Ingredients

• 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 oz each)
  • 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup or sugar-free maple syrup

Instructions

1. In a small skillet over medium-low heat, cook onion in 2 teaspoons oil until golden brown and very tender, about 10 minutes. Add ginger; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
  2. Meanwhile, combine the chili powder, salt pepper, and cinnamon; rub over both sides of pork chops.
  3. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chops in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes on each side.
  4. Add the broth, syrup and onion mixture. Brint to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the meat is tender.
  5. Remove chops and keep warm.
  6. Bring broth mixture to a boil; cook uncovered until liquid is thickened and reduced to 1/2 cup. Serve chops with rice and sauce.

Notes

Make this keto and use sugar-free maple syrup. The total carbs will change to 8.7 and net carbs will be 3.7.

Nutrition Information

Yield

Amount Per Serving Calories 303.3Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 4.1gCholesterol 78.9mgSodium 201.2mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber .9gProtein 22.2g

Did you make this recipe?

Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram

1. Sara February 5, 2009 at 6:45 pm - Reply

Wow, these look so good. I could have used this recipe last night because I made pork chops for dinner! Yum, I can’t wait to try this recipe.

2. Jessie February 5, 2009 at 7:03 pm - Reply

Oh, this is right up our alley! Looks great! Love pork and maple together!

+Jessie
    a.k.a. The Hungry Mouse

3. Heidi / Savory Tv February 5, 2009 at 7:05 pm - Reply

The recipe is looking fabulous! I’m a big fan of pork cooked in apple cider, but I’ll have to try this one, I love all of the ingredients!

4. recipes2share February 5, 2009 at 7:30 pm - Reply

Pork is wonderful and fresh ginger just add a different level of flavour – love it!

5. Pam February 5, 2009 at 7:44 pm - Reply

I love this recipe. I also love that you put the WW points down. So flavorful and pretty!

6. duodishes February 5, 2009 at 7:55 pm - Reply

Fresh ginger is magical. Tastes so good, and it’s great for your health. Love the cinnamon and spice to kick it up too.

7. Gera @ SweetsFoods February 5, 2009 at 8:36 pm - Reply

Beautiful recipe Shelby! Pork chops and ginger full of flavors in my screen 🙂

8. Bob February 5, 2009 at 8:40 pm - Reply

Looks great, fresh ginger is one of my favorite things.

9. 5 Star Foodie February 5, 2009 at 9:10 pm - Reply

The ginger maple sauce sounds amazing!

10. Laura February 5, 2009 at 9:37 pm - Reply

That pork looks awesome. I love sweet sauces on pork–with mashed potatoes OR rice. 🙂

11. Barbara Bakes February 5, 2009 at 10:19 pm - Reply

I’m not a fan of the bananna candy, but I do like the Smarties. But that one looks huge. I’m making your caramelized onion mashed potatoes tonight!

12. Megan February 5, 2009 at 11:57 pm - Reply

I love pork, especially with fruit and this recipes sounds great. But Banana taffy doesn’t do it for me!

13. Reeni♥ February 6, 2009 at 12:07 am - Reply

I love the flavors of sweet and spicy in this!! And anything banana flavored!!

14. Robin Sue February 6, 2009 at 12:47 am - Reply

That sounds like a nice and easy pork dish and I think the maple makes it great! I do like the banana taffy the best too. I especially like salt water taffy banana flavored candy.

15. noble pig February 6, 2009 at 12:51 am - Reply

That looks delicious, wow, love all that saucy sauce.

16. Cami @ Creating Myself February 6, 2009 at 12:54 am - Reply

Ginger, maple & pork…sounds wonderful!!!

17. Kevin February 6, 2009 at 1:45 am - Reply

Those pork chops look so good. I really like the use of the maple and the ginger together. Having access to homemade maple syrup would be great!

18. CookiePie February 6, 2009 at 2:21 am - Reply

That pork looks great – I love anything with maple syrup in it!

19. Linda February 6, 2009 at 2:23 am - Reply

Looks fabulous and what a great winter meal…yum!

20. Bunny February 6, 2009 at 2:31 am - Reply

I need to try this Shelby, this looks so good! It would be a nice change from the way I usually make pork chops.

21. Meg February 6, 2009 at 3:21 am - Reply

That ginger maple sauce sounds amazing!

22. Olga February 6, 2009 at 4:13 am - Reply

I decided I’m only making pork tenderloin…I’m not really good with anything else 😉

23. Marc @ NoRecipes February 6, 2009 at 5:52 am - Reply

MMmmmm ginger and pork are a great combo!

24. Jenny February 6, 2009 at 6:06 am - Reply

Great looking recipe Shelby! I just bought some pork chops on sale yesterday, I think I just found out what to do with them! Yeah for the candy!!

25. Cristine February 6, 2009 at 9:23 am - Reply

I love pork chops. These look delicious!!!

26. pigpigscorner February 6, 2009 at 10:30 am - Reply

Looks really yummy! Love the ginger and maple syrup sauce!

27. Tangled Noodle February 6, 2009 at 1:36 pm - Reply

The ginger maple sauce sounds wonderful! I bet it would pair up nicely with chicken and seafood as well.

28. Talita February 7, 2009 at 10:13 am - Reply

Wow! How lucky you were!! I’d love to win that candies!

29. The Food Site February 7, 2009 at 5:35 pm - Reply

Healthy pork, now that’s a first one for me. This recipe sure do looks and sounds great.
    ~Foong~

30. Peter M February 8, 2009 at 4:01 pm - Reply

What a neat combo of ingredients…ginger, maple and cinnamon. I’m thinking a spot of mustard would work in here to!

31. […] Pork with Ginger Maple Sauce is quickly sautéed pork steaks with a delicious sweet and savory maple onion sauce. […]