My Aunt Ann was going to be coming over. She wanted to drop off a card for Grumpy and see our home as she hadn't been here to see it yet. I told her that if she was going to be coming over, that she should also eat dinner here. Of course, since I was inviting her for that night and I had already left home I needed to figure out what I was going to feed her! On the way home I started thinking and of course it lead to some sweet heat....So.....I stopped at the store and grabbed a package of chicken breasts and a couple of limes.
I arrived home and my Aunt was right behind me! Hunger had me cooking something fast and was it ever yummy! My aunt and I both enjoyed the meal....however Grumpy turned his nose up at what he called "puspus". Yeah, he's not a couscous fan. LOL. He certainly gave my Aunt and I a good chuckle over it! If your not a couscous fan, you can always serve this with rice which Grumpy promptly proclaimed I "should" have done. Sigh. No matter, the chicken is the star and the side is the co-star so if you decide to use rice instead because you don't like "puspus" then that is ok with me. ;o)
- Sweet Chili Lime Chicken with Cilantro Couscous
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- accent seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- ½ - 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes (depending on heat factor you like)
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of one lime
- Cilantro Couscous
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup couscous
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- Cook chicken breast with accent seasoning and oil oil until no longer pink (this should not take too long as the chicken is cubed). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Mix soy sauce, sugar, chili pepper flakes, lime juice and zest. Stirl until sugar is dissolved. Pour into hot skillet and bring to a boil. Cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce begins to reduce some. Stir in cooked chicken pieces and simmer for 2-3 minutes more, stirring often to glaze chicken. Serve with couscous and extra lime wedges. I used the lime wedges to squirt more juice on top of the dish once I had it assembled. Grumpy? He used the lime wedge for his Grey Goose & Cran. ;o)
- Bring vegetable broth to a boil. Stir in couscous and turn off heat. Let sit for about 5 minutes. This will allow the couscous to absorb the broth. Stir in chopped cilantro and serve with Chicken.