On work nights, sometimes quick and easy is the only way to go. With our busy lives, we can be eating dinner as late as 7 pm so making a homemade meal can be very challenging during the week. In comes Pillsbury Crescent Rolls to the rescue.
All you need is some cooked shredded chicken, bbq sauce, frank's red hot, colby cheese and crescent rolls. I had a couple of chicken breasts I had already cooked so I shredded 1 of them and that equaled about 1 cup. You could always use the ever convenient rotisserie chicken if you want to save yourself cooking the chicken ahead of time.
These worked out pretty well for me and would be a great item to feed guests at a party - kids and adults alike!
This recipe is adapted from Pillsbury's BBQ Chicken Crescents found on allrecipes.com.
I have worked out the Weight Watcher's Points Plus using their Recipe Builder and these are 4 WW Points per crescent. Enjoy!
- 1-8oz can Pillsbury Crescent Dough Roll (reduced fat)
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 4 ounces reduced fat colby cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, whisked until foamy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Unwrap crescent roll dough and separate into 8 triangle pieces. In a medium sized bowl combine chicken, bbq sauce, hot sauce, and colby cheese. Divide chicken mixture evenly over top of dough. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of cheese. Starting at wide end of triangle, roll up loosely as directed on can. Brush with egg and sprinkle on remaining cheese.Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
I can't seem to make this equal 4pts when I put it in my recipe builder??? What am I doing wrong?
Hi Amy, this was based on points from WW back in 2012. The points may be different now with the new programs. I would go with what your recipe builder tells you.
Do you include cream cheese? It's not listed on the ingredients but mentioned in the instructions. If so, what amount? Thanks!
Hi Crista, that was my bad, it should have read colby cheese, not cream cheese. Thank you!
It doesn't really say what to do with the items? I'm assuming you mix the hot sauce BBQ and chicken and some cheese and then follow the rest of the recipe?
Hi veronica, I have updated the recipe for you.
Jersey Girl Cooks
Yum! I am thinking these will be a great football watching snack too.
Jeff @ Cheeseburger
This is an excellent recipe. This will help me a lot during stretches of busy days.
Looks yummy! Will have to try.
This looks like a family pleaser of a recipe for sure!