A Sirloin Roast seasoned with only salt and pepper, roasted to perfection and served with a Red Wine Onion Gravy that puts it right over the top. Sirloin Roast with Red Wine Onion Gravy is a picture perfect and delicious roast for any Holiday Table. All thanks to an app by Certified Angus Beef that I downloaded on my iPhone called #RoastPerfect! (Also available on your Android products)
This post is sponsored by Certified Angus Beef in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
I have never been one who roasted anything unless it was a turkey. I'm ashamed to admit it. Even when it comes to Venison that Grumpy brings into the house, we never have roasts cuts made. I always felt intimidated and that my roast would turn out tough or dry- and not just because I thought they would, but because they have in the past. Thanks to Certified Angus Beef and Sunday Supper I'm not feeling so intimidated anymore, but am feeling more adventurous and confident!
One of my biggest problems was not being educated, but with the RoastPerfect app, I'm learning my way and not only has it taught me what cuts of beef to choose for roasting, it has given me tips on how to tie, roast, and carve! When I went shopping for my cut of beef, I had no trouble picking up what looked like a beautiful cut of meat and I knew exactly what I was looking for! I also felt quite confident that I had the highest quality beef on the market in my shopping cart.
I found out that your recipe can be remarkably easy. As simple as only seasoning the roast with salt and pepper! I love that you can roast like that and make a sauce of your choice to go with it and compliment the beef.
I was aiming for the warm red center you get with medium rare, so I cooked it until it was about 10 degrees below the target temperature, which is 135.
I ended up with the perfect holiday roast and am no longer intimidated by roasting beef! I actually look forward to this Christmas with anticipation of creating a meal of beauty as well as a meal full of flavor!
- 4 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium onions, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fresh rosemary
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Pat beef dry and rub all over with 1 ½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Place on rack in roasting pan and place in preheated oven for 15 minutes total.
- Turn heat down to 325 degrees and continue to roast for about 55 minutes longer for medium rare. Be sure to use an instant read meat thermometer to check the temperature.
- When beef has come to temperature, remove from oven and transfer to a platter. Cover with a foil tent and let sit for 15 minutes.
- While beef is resting, make the Red Wine Onion Gravy. Add onions to pot and sauté over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until pale golden, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, rosemary, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add wine and bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Add beef broth and bring back to a slow boil. While gravy is hot, stir together cornstarch and water until combined. Add to gravy stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer until gravy has thickened.
- Slice beef to serve and cover with onion gravy.
Follow Certified Angus Beef ® brand's board Roast Perfect on Pinterest.
- Apple Cider Dijon Marinated Tip Roast by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef Pot Roast by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Beef Roast and Cabbage by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Boliche (Cuban Stuffed Roast) by Magnolia Days
- Boneless Rib Roast with Roasted Garlic and Herbs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sirloin Roast with Red Wine Onion Gravy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Coffee Rubbed Roast Beef by Eat Picks
- Fennel and Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin by Casa de Crews
- Garlic and Herb Crusted Ribeye Roast with Red Wine Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Herb & Garlic Crusted Roast by The Melrose Family
- Garlic Roast Beef by Life Tastes Good
- Herbed Rotisserie Rib Roast with Portobello Mushroom Gravy by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Holiday Ribeye Roast by Family Foodie
- Miso Glazed Standing Rib Roast au Jus by kimchi MOM
- Mustard Crusted Roast Beef by Curious Cuisiniere
- Peppercorn Crusted Standing Rib Roast with Red Wine Au Jus by Food Done Light
- Petite Sirloin Roast Chasseur (Hunter's Style) by Palatable Pastime
- Pomegranate Balsamic Glazed Prime Rib by I’m Not the Nanny
- Ribeye Roast with Harissa by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Fresh Herb Crust and Horseradish Cream by Midlife Road Trip
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It's easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Plus Selecting the Perfect Roast by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
strong>Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It's easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
So pretty, I love a perfectly cooked beef roast like that!
You got the doneness on this roast absolutely perfect! Restaurants can't even do that!
Bobbi from Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
My mouth is watering just looking at that gorgeous roast!!
Sarah | Curious Cuisiniere
Such a pretty roast and that gravy sounds amazing!
Beautifully cooked roast and your sauce sounds absolutely delicious!
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious
"A meal of beauty as well as a meal of flavor." That says it all. Yours is, very sincerely, "roast perfect!"
I'm swooning over this roast and that gravy!! Oh my it sounds so delicious!
I love the red onion gravy. Sounds like a delicious roast.
It's so perfectly cooked and I just love that red wine gravy to go with it.
And it was such a sheer pleasure to see you in person this past weekend and to give you a hug too.
Your roast looks great! The app was pretty spot on!
So glad to have met you this past weekend!
Cindys Recipes and Writings
I can almost taste a slice with that gravy! Delicious, Shelby!
That roast looks incredible! Your photos have my mouth watering!
Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
You totally cooked that roast to perfection!!
Red wine onion gravy sounds amazing! Love the red and green colors on your roast.
Oh my goodness, this looks SO good! I love sirloin steak, but have never had a roast. I need to change this!