I made these bars when Chris was here for a short visit and he happily devoured one. Grumpy thought they were too sweet. I thought they were just right, however I ate mine by cutting off pieces at different times when I thought I wanted a taste rather than eating it all at once. I would definitely make these again and I would do my best to find some magic shell to dip these in!
Read on after the recipe for the links to other Ice Cream Week participants as well as the giveaway info!
Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Buster Bars
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream (I used sugar free)
- 1 cup salted caramel flavored peanuts
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup jarred caramel sauce
- 3 tablespoons solid shortening
- ½ bag Butterscotch chips
- 4 small coffee cup sized paper cups
- 4 popsicle sticks
- Soften ice cream slightly by letting the box sit on your counter for about 10 minutes.
- In bottom of cup, place a layer of peanuts.
- Next layer with ¼ cup of ice cream. Place ¼ cup of peanut butter carmel fudge on top of ice cream.
- Layer ½ of ice cream on top of fudge. Place popsicle stick in cup until almost to bottom. Cover with plactic wrap and freeze overnight.
- When ready to coat buster bars, melt butterscotch chips and shortening over double boiler stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and carefully spoon butterscotch over buster bars. Immediately place in freezer.
- Note: If you can find a butterscotch magic shell, I highly recommend using this as it will not cause melting of the ice cream and you won't have a mess!
Yield: 4 bars
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Cook time: 08 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 8 hrs. 20 mins.
Tags: peanut butter, caramel, butterscotch, peanuts, salted caramel, ice cream, novelties, #IceCreamWeek
Participants for Ice Cream Week:
One Cake Boss Mechanical Ice Cream Scoop with Red Silicone grips
One Cake Boss 4Pc Ice Cream Bowl Set, Icing Pattern
One Anolon Advanced Bronze 2 Qt Covered Straining Saucepan with Pour Spout
One Microplane Herb and Salad Chopper
One Microplane Premium Classic Grater in White
One WUSTHOF CLASSIC 9-inch Double Serrated Bread Knife
One Copy of the Cookbook Making Artisan Gelato by Torrance Kopfer
One Copy of the Cookbook Everything Goes with Ice Cream by Koralee Teichroeb
One Copy of the Cookbook Vegan Scoop by Wheeler del Torro
One Copy of the Cookbook The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
One Copy of the Cookbook Eat More Dessert by Jenny Kellar
One Copy of the Cookbook The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
One Copy of the Cookbook Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel