I must admit it. This recent issue of Cooking Light is a good one. Perfect for warm weather food ideas....like the Caprese Panini! This sandwich was different but delicious! It has taste of "Thai" with the peanut sauce and the cilantro and wee bit of heat. I am pretty sure this could easily be rolled up in a rice paper wrap and dipped in the peanut sauce. Yummy 🙂
I was leary about whether Grumpy was going to be willing to eat this. Anytime I make something "different" or anytime I mention sandwiches for dinner, I will hear a groan.
He didn't have a lot of choice tonight as by the time he arrived home, I already had dinner started. I put these together, snapped my photos and handed him the plate. Grumpy actually liked these! I didn't hear any groaning; he may have known if he did he would be warming himself up a can of soup! I actually heard a "wow, you gave me the plate you photographed." LOL. I loved this so much that I mixed up another batch and put it in the fridge to take to work for lunch the next day. There is nothing bad about this sandwich in any way! If you try this one, you won't regret it 🙂
Peanut-Sauced Chicken Pitas
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup cooked chicken torn apart
- 2 tablespoons thin red bell pepper strips
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet Vidalia onion
- 2 tablespoons cucumber cut into thin long strips
- 2 tablespoons carrots cut into thin long strips
- 2 tablespoons peanut sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon chili paste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1-6 inch Tofuyan pita bread
- Combine all ingredients, divide into 2 servings between pita halves. Enjoy!