Mom agreed to make her Millet Meatball recipe for me so I could try it and allowed me to photograph the process. This recipe is so simple and I love that it is vegan. It's not gluten free because there are bread crumbs in the recipe, but I do believe that would be easy to remedy.
Mom's Millet Meatballs
- 1 cup uncooked millet
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon paprika optional
- 1 cup finely ground bread crumbs
- 2 cups peans or walnuts finely ground
- 1 cup sunflower seeds ground
- 2 tablespoon [chicken style seasoning ]
- 4 teaspoons onion powder
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the millet according to package instructions. Allow to cool completely before proceeding.
- Mix all ingredients together and form into balls (about 1" diameter).
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 until brown, about 20 minutes. Turn once while baking.