I received product from Frieda's Specialty Produce. Some of this product was used in the making of this recipe. I was not required to blog about their product. All opinions are soley my own.
Sandi of Whistlestop Cafe Cooking: Hot Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus.
Val of More than Burnt Toast: Butternut Squash White Bean Soup.
Jerry of A Life, Lived: Roasted Breast of Chicken with Pinot Noir Sauce.
Susan of The Spice Garden: Creamy Pumpkin and Sage Polenta.
Shelby (that's be me and this post!): Honey Crisp Apple Sangria.
Sarah of All Our Fingers in the Pie: Stilton Stuffed Baked Pears.
adapted from Cooking Light
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, sliced thinly
- 1 large navel orange, quartered
- ½ cup apple schnapps
- ⅛ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Frieda's Mulling Spices
- 2 Frieda's Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle fruity red wine
- ¼ cup club soda, chilled
- Combine apple, orange, apple schnapps, honey, mulling spices and cinnamon sticks in a large bowl. Stir well. Refrigerate 4 hours or until completely chilled.
- Strain wine mixture through a sieve and discard solids. Remove some of the apple slices from the strained mixture and set aside.
- Pour about ⅔ cup sangria in red wine glass (this is a glass with a wide mouth). Top each serving with 1 tablespoon club soda and apple slices.
- Note: Some people may prefer ice in their wine. This is not my preference. This wine is also thoroughly chilled, so in my opinion, ice is not needed for my taste.