I don't make waffles too often, but when I do, it is usually because I want a little comfort and warmth in the form of food! What better way to warm up than with some ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg?
This recipes was made with fresh ginger I received from Frieda's Produce.
Meyer Maple Brandy Shooters
- 1-1/ cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup melted, unsalted butter
- In a large bowl combine flour through nutmeg. In a large glass measuring cup (I use a 4 cup measure), whisk eggs, ginger, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and molasses.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and then pour melted butter over top. Stir until just combined.
- Ladle about ⅓ cup of batter onto hot waffle griddle sprayed with cooking spray. Lower lid and let cook until browned.
- Serve with butter, warm maple syrup or as I did, with some Trader Joe's Apple Cranberry Butter!
What is 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour - it is suppose to be 1 1/2 cups????
Hi Sherri, yes, 1-1/2 cups. Sorry, I have updated the recipe. I may have missed that part when updating to the new recipe plug-in I use for the blog.
must make these for my Son-in-law. thank ya'll
Life Tastes Good
OOOOOH These look so good Shelby! I want them for breakfast in the morning!! yummm
Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads
These sound wonderful! I know I'd love them for a fall breakfast or brunch!
Michele @ Flavor Mosaic
I love these waffles. I'm going to have to try these.
These waffles look really good. I love pumpkin puree in waffles. A new recipe for my waffle maker!
I'd love to start the day with these waffles. Pinned and shared.
This looks so amazing. I am definitely trying this recipe in next breakfast.. YUM 🙂
Gingerbread waffles - Brillant! I will be making these