The Black Cherry Mojito is my newest obsession and one of my favorite drinks. Frozen sweet black cherries are blended with a little water and sweetener and served up with lime juice and rum. Delicious, pretty, and oh so addicting!
I fell in love with mojitos after my very first Caribbean cruise. Sunning on the deck with a ice cold drink was the perfect way of relaxing on vacation. So, when I came across some frozen black cherries, I knew I would be making a Cherry Mojito!
❤️ Why you'll love it
✔️ This cherry lime mojito brings together the flavor of a classic cocktail and dark sweet cherries for a fruity refreshing beverage.
✔️ Cherry lovers love the intense cherry flavors.
✔️ This simple cocktail can be made ahead of time in large batches for larger gatherings.
Sweet Black Cherries (frozen), found in the freezer section of the grocery store.
Club Soda: for that little bit of fizz!
Ice cubes, used only for chilling the drink, then removed.
Fresh mint leaves
- Using a high powered blender, blend cherries and water together until fine. Strain the juice using a fine mesh strainer to remove any solid bits left after blending
- In a cocktail shaker using a wooden muddler, crush the mint, sugar, and lime juice together.
- Add ice cubes to the cocktail shaker along with the cherry juice and rum. Shake well until shaker is frosty and strain into a large cocktail glass. Top off with a splash of soda water if desired and garnish with cherry and mint sprig.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Blender: (I use this one) A blender is necessary for this Black Cherry Mojito recipe since you will be blending fruit.
Strainer: To strain and remove chunks of the cherries after blending them.
Cocktail shaker: I muddle the mint in the cocktail shaker then use it to shake the beverage together.
Wooden citrus juicer: For juicing the limes. I use the strainer when juicing the limes to catch any seeds and pulp that comes out with the juice
Muddler: to smash the mint leaves, sugar, and lime juice together. This brings all those flavors out that will go in the beverage.
Mixed cocktail can be stored in the fridge up to 2 days.
- Add an intensity of flavor and use cruzan black cherry rum in place of the white rum.
- Substitute your favorite fruit for the cherries. Peaches, mangos, pineapple, blueberries, and strawberries all work great in this recipe.
- This cocktail can be made in large batches and stored in the fridge up to 2 day. Adjust the amount of ingredients, assemble as directed, and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
📚 Related Recipes
This Classic Mojito is the number one, hands down, best mojito ever.
The Mojito Slush is the classic mojito in frozen form, and is so refreshing!
Watermelon Mojito is another delicious and fruity way to enjoy a mojito during the hot summer months. This can be made in big batches and stored in the fridge for those summer parties with friends!
This Frosty Peach Mojito is one of my very favorites. Similar to a Mojito Slush, but with peaches. It is so refreshing!
If you love blueberries, then you will love this Frozen Blueberry Mojito!
🍽 Serve with...
Serve these mojitos as part of any summer picnic along with your favorite picnic fare.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Black Cherry Mojito
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.