Val (More than Burnt Toast) brought Salt-Baked Chicken
Patsy (Food, Family and Friends) made Pork & Stir Fried Veggies in Spicy Sauce
Jamie (Mom's Cooking Club) made Udon-Beef Noodle Bowl
Ma Po Tofu
- 1 (1-pound) package reduced-fat firm tofu, cut into 6 slices
- ½ cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 4 ounces lean ground pork
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain brown rice
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- Place tofu slices on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Place a dinner plate on top of covered tofu; let stand 30 minutes. Remove plate; discard paper towels. Cut tofu slices into ½-inch cubes.
- Combine broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and chili garlic sauce, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 4 minutes or until done, stirring to crumble. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add tofu; cook 4 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Add broth mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Serve tofu mixture over rice. Sprinkle with onions.
The Mom Chef
I love the idea of a virtual supper club. Never heard of it before. I have to side with Grumpy on this one; no tofu for me, thanks. It's a beautiful dish though.
Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe
First... congrats on Grumpy's job~~~~~~:-)
You have made tofu look like something I would like!
I have had computer issues all week, my post is sorely lacking any photos~ but the recipe is fabulous! It would go well with the rest of our trip to chinatown!
I've never cooked tofu but, with each dish you share I might have to try it soon! Thanks for adding such a flavorful dish to our VSC! Yum!
That looks pretty yummy! I am not a huge Tofu fan but I would be happy to eat that! I love the salt and pepper tofy my favorite asian place serves!
Debbi Does Dinner Healthy
I don't do a lot of tofu either but it looks great!!
I cook mapo tofu a lot, so good with rice!
Grumpy and HoneyB
Cristine, of course you can have tofu when you visit me :o)
Looks delicious! We've been trying to do more meatless meals so this is perfect. Thanks!
this looks so good girl. I would love a couple bowl fulls please.
I've never had tofu but I must admit that all your tofu posts make me curious. I can't say that I will make it myself, but maybe when I am in NY you can make it for me. 🙂
Your dish looks amazing Shelby and the best part is Grumpy liked it!I love that we are still getting together to plan a meal after a year of great food and fun.
I have to admit Shelby, I've never had tofu. But your dish looks delicious. Thanks for another great meal for the CL Virtual Supper Club.
Grumpy and HoneyB
Ah, ok and thank you Barbara! I will look for it!
Hi!That tofu looks amazing! Off topic...the recipe with the pasta in the veggie burgers is on page 62 of the July/August issue. We get all our mags here really late, so my "latest issue" might not be yours! 🙂