This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CrispyIsBack #CollectiveBias
A brownie/oatmeal base, smothered in chocolate cookie butter and topped with a cookie butter creme, decorated prettily with M&M's® Crispy! These Cookie Butter Crispy Creme Bars are a mouthful of comfort with the chewy base and creamy fudge like cookie butter cream combination and the M&M's® Crispy give them that crunch factor!
|I found my M&M's® Crispy in a big display in the candy aisle at my local Walmart|
Cookie Butter Crispy Creme Bars
- Cookie Base
- 1-½ cup whole oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup chocolate swirled cookie butter plus ⅓ cup for spreading on baked dough
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup toffee bits
- Creme Base
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup regular cookie butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup (or more if "someone" hasn't eaten them on you!) M&M's® Crispy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the oats, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and toffee bits. Set aside
- In another medium mixing bowl, mix together the butter, cookie butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mixed until well combined.
- Press the cookie base into the bottom of your 9x13 pan covering the entire bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately spread with ⅓ cup of chocolate cookie butter. Set aside and let cool completely.
- Make the creme base by mixing together the butter, cookie butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract until well combined and creamy. Gradually add the flour to the butter mixture mixing well until thoroughly combined. Spread creme base over top of cookie base.
- Decorate with M&M's® Crispy and drizzle with melted cookie butter (about 2 tablespoons can be melted in the microwave up to 1-½ minutes).
- Cut bars into small squares and serve. Store in airtight container.
What is cookie butter?
I buy mine at Trader Joe's and its called cookie butter - you can also do a google search and find other brands online. It is similar to peanut butter, but made with ground cookies (cinnamon flavored)
i made the creme frosting exactly as the recipe and it is a POWDER. Not even approaching anything spreadable. Not sure how 1/4 cup butter and 1/2 cup cookie butter are supposed to balance out over 3 cups of dry ingredients to make a creme. Help?!
Hi Beth, I'm sorry you did not have good luck with this recipe. When you cream sugar and butter together the sugars "dissolve" and makes the mixture creamy when blended with butter and gives room for dry ingredients. Because I did not have this problem I am not sure what caused yours, however whenever you have a creamy topping that is too dry, you can always gradually add some milk to the mixture to "loosen" it up until it does become creamy.
My husband actually had the same idea about the milk and saved the day (: It worked well and is delicious. Hooray!
Beth, I am so happy to hear that! I hope you enjoyed them!
Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads
This recipe looks amazing, Shelby!! I could eat a few right now!
Hobbies on a Budget
I love the mix of chewy, crunchy and sweetness in this recipe! Looks delicious #crispy
Love these fun tasty treats and great for kids:-)
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious
Man those look good! You reeled me right in....
Peter of Feed Your Soul Too
OMG. These look awesome!
Cindy @ Hun What's for Dinner?
OMG these bars looks insane!! Drooling over them.
Erica S (EricasRecipes.com)
wow Shelby! these look like such a treat!
These look so good, the cookie butter looks amazing and M&M's are my favorite. I need to look for these.
That thick cream base layer looks amazing! I have been known to hide some ingredients for the very reason you mention,. With this crispy M&M's enticement, Grumpy would have to be a Saint to leave them untouched 🙂
This is such a great idea! I need to make these! they are so fun and look delicious!
I wish we lived closer! These are the best looking bars I have ever seen. Great recipe Shelby!
I don't think I would have been able to resist tne M&M's Cripsy. I would eat them all too. The bars are a fun way to enjoy them, too.