I you love the warm, sweet, nutty smell you get wafting from certain candy shops in the mall, then you will love making this recipe.....and your home will smell awesome in return! My first experience with these nuts was during a visit to my brother's house in Indianapolis and a trip to the mall. Back then I never thought about making them but now that I've done it, I realize just how easy it is!
This is a great last minute gift recipe that doesn't take a whole lot of effort. I definitely will be making them again when I want to give a gift out to someone special! The recipe came from allrecipes.com and the only change I made to the recipe was to use a mix of nuts instead of just almonds.
- 2 egg whites
- 5 cups nut of your choice
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Whisk egg whites with vanilla extract until foamy.
- Stir in nuts and toss until well coated. Stir in sugars, salt, and cinnamon, mixing until nuts are well coated.
- Place on large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 75 minutes or until nuts are crispy and dry, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Store in airtight container.
These look so good! I've never thought about using mixed nuts before. Great idea!
Thanks for sharing on the Daily Blog Boost today! Already pinned! 🙂
- Brooke -
YUM!!!!! Dangit that I didn't read this until January 1 at night AFTER all the celebrating is over! lol
These are so perfect to take away those pangs of hunger or to add to a cheese tray.