Bourbon Bacon Baked Beans are Bacon, onions, and garlic sauteed with a little bourbon added to de-glaze the pan then stirred into your baked bean mixture add tremendous flavor to these short-cut baked beans! They also made the perfect side for our Ball Park Park's Finest Jalapeno Cheddar hot dogs.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Ball Park® Brand. The opinions are mine alone.
Why I made Bourbon Bacon Baked Beans
A few months ago when my brother and his sons were visiting, we had a family celebration on our back deck and grilled some Ball Park Park's Finest Hot Dogs. I loved how the boys got into the excitement of grilling!
Since then, Ball Park Park’s Finest hosted and live-streamed The Finest Grillathon in New York City, where they broke the previous world record for longest BBQ (previously held by England)! I think that's pretty awesome.
It is hard to believe that summer is coming to an end and kids are going back to school. For us here in the Grumpy house, it mostly means that we are getting closer to hunting season! Long gone are the days when I sent my kids back to school! However, we do like to celebrate fall and happy things, such as a record-breaking grillathon!
When I told Grumpy I was going to make baked beans to go with our hot dogs, the first thing he said was "make sure you put bacon in them and don't give them some "funky" flavor." Who, me? Do that? I can't believe he even thought I would do such a thing!
Kicking the beans up a notch
I decided that I had to kick them up a notch anyway. We were going to celebrate the new world record with some of Ball Park Finest! I sauteed some bacon, onion, and garlic, then I de-glazed that frying pan with about a tablespoon of bourbon. Bourbon and bacon make everything better, don't you agree?
Grumpy must have also because he ate about ¾ of those beans all by himself with a couple of hot dogs!
*If you made this recipe, please give it a star rating*
Bourbon Bacon Baked Beans
- 2-16 ounce cans navy beans un-drained
- 3 strips thick-cut bacon diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ small onion diced
- 1-½ tablespoons bourbon
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon cut in half and precooked for 10 minutes in a 350-degree oven
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Pour navy beans into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- In a medium skillet, add diced bacon, onion, and garlic. Cook until bacon is crisp and onion is tender.
- Turn off heat and add bourbon. Stir to deglaze the pan and add to navy beans.Add Worcestershire sauce, molasses, brown sugar, ketchup, and yellow mustard.
- Stir to combine well. Pour into a casserole dish. Top with bacon and sprinkle top with brown sugar.
- Place in oven and bake 45 minutes. Increase temperature to 425º F for 10 minutes to crisp bacon.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest about 5 minutes before serving.