Blueberry Basil Cosmopolitan is a refreshing beverage sweetened with a simple syrup infused with fresh basil and accented with a splash of lime juice. This beverage is a great one to serve and impress your guests with at your next warm weather gathering!
There are select things I look really forward to. One is my morning cup of coffee. First thing I do every single day! Second is a drink at the end of a long work week. When the weekend arrives we are always want to sit back and relax at least one night with a refreshing beverage. Most of the time for me, it is a glass of wine. It can be red or white, depending on my mood. Grumpy prefers to have vodka and cranberry, and rarely changes that venue.
Sometimes I like to come up with something a little different and experiment in the kitchen. That is how I came to enjoy this Blueberry Basil Cosmopolitan last weekend! To get the basil flavor in this beverage, you will make a simple syrup, then steep the fresh basil leaves in the syrup for about 15 minutes.
Once the syrup has infused the basil flavor it is strained to remove the basil leaves. You end up with a golden colored basil flavored syrup that is delicious!
You top your shaker off with ice and the drink ingredients. Next you shake then pour a delicious and gorgeous Blueberry Basil Cosmopolitan! Top off with a sprig of basil and lime slices and you're good to go!
Blueberry is definitely one of my favorite fruits to work with and this drink is definitely a keeper. What are your favorite summertime drinks and what fruits and fruit flavors do you like to use when making a beverage? Let me know in the comments, I would love to make your favorite drink and share it here!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup packed basil leaves
- ⅓ cup pomegranate-blueberry juice
- ⅓ cup vodka
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Cover and let steep for 15 minutes. Strain through a sieve into a smaller bowl and discard leaves. Let cool. If making for later use, store in refrigerator.
- Combine pomegranate-blueberry juice, vodka, lime juice and 2 tablespoons basil simple syrup. Place ice cubes (about 1 cup) in a martini shaker. Add juice mixture and shake well. Strain into glasses. Makes 3 servings (½ cup equals 1 serving)
If you like this beverage recipe, you may like these! Click on the photo to view the recipe.
Leave a comment