This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #BurgersMadeFromPlants
BBQ Veggie Pulled Pork Potato Skins sweet, spicy and absolutely delicious! This vegetarian recipe is made with baked potatoes that are stuffed with a Veggie Pulled Pork and topped with cheese and jalapeno.
Easy to make and delicious, these BBQ Veggie Pulled Pork stuffed potato skins recipe can make a hearty snack or main course. They are perfect for barbecues and picnics!
Why I love these BBQ Veggie Pulled Pork Potato Skins
I have found a new product that I absolutely love! Most of my readers know that I grew up with a mom who was vegetarian and a dad who was not. Therefore, I had the best of both worlds!
Now, both parents eat vegetarian and still enjoy products like the MorningStar Farms® Grillers Original Burger so I couldn't wait to try the MorningStar Farms® Veggie Pulled Pork to share with Dad for Father's Day!
Pulled Pork Potato Skin FAQ's
Yes, for this recipe, you start with a fully cooked potato. After it has baked and cooled, you will scoop most of the pulp from the inside leaving just enough potato inside the skin to keep it sturdy.
Pre-baking the potato skins before adding the filling dries it out more, making it a sturdier serving vessel.
These can be frozen up to 2-3 months. Just remove from freezer and place directly in a 350 oven and reheat until warmed through.
Easy to make appetizer or main dish recipe!
This vegetarian pulled pork potato skins recipe couldn't be any easier! As a matter of fact, you could make extra baked potatoes for dinner one night and have leftovers ready to make these BBQ Veggie Pulled Pork Potato Skins for the next day!
Made with only 5 ingredients, these are easy and quick to throw together! Just 3 minutes in the microwave and the Veggie Pulled Pork is ready to toss with your favorite BBQ Sauce.
I recommend browning the potato skins in the oven or on the grill. Doing so makes your potato skin a little crispier and firmer. Making it a sturdy vessel for your veggie pulled pork.
If using the grill, you will want to put them hollow side down. Once the potato skin shells are browned, they are ready to be stuffed with the veggie pulled pork.
Next, top with cheese and jalapeno and continue cooking (grill or oven) for 15 minutes. Because I don't like to take chances, I recommend using a small cookie sheet tray in on the grill also. This will aid in ensuring any cheese doesn't drip down into the flame
After about 15 minute in the oven or on the grill, these potato skins are ready to feed the hungriest of dads!
Why I love MorningStar Farms®
MorningStar Farms® Grillers Original Burgers make a great choice for those who are living a healthier lifestyle. You can enjoy America's #1 Veggie Burgers no matter what the reason and they are delicious cooked on the grill!
Whatever your diet may be, these MorningStar Farms® products are a great choice to add to your Father's Day menu! I buy my products right at Walmart, where you will find these products in the freezer section.
More great father's day recipe ideas!
I love to share appetizer recipes whenever we have a family event. So, I am always coming up with ideas like these Low Carb Beef Spirals! These would be a great addition to your celebration! This Coconut Carrot Salad would make a great side if you were to make the potato skins a main meal!
Time Saving Tip for the perfect BBQ Veggie Pulled Pork Potato Skins
- Time Saving Tip: Make baked potatoes ahead of time. Scoop out pulp and store in the refrigerator at until ready to prepare potato skins. Start at step to prepare potato skins in the recipe. This will save you the baking time of the potato skins (about 1 hour).
Follow MorningStar Farms® on Social Media outlets! Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
BBQ Veggie Pulled Pork Potato Skins
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 10 ounces jackfruit
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- 6 medium russet baking potatoes , baked and cooled
- 1 jalapeno pepper , thinly sliced
- 1½ cups mexican blend shredded cheese
To prepare potatoes:
- Wash potatoes and pierce with fork 3-4 times. Coat with cooking spray, season with salt and pepper, and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, or until tender when squeezed slightly. Let cool until easy to handle. Slice baked potatoes in half and using a tablespoon, remove pulp from center, leaving about ½ inch of potato in shell. Spray potatoes with butter spray and bake about 10-15 minutes, until inside starts to brown.
- To prepare Veggie Pulled Pork (using microwave method)
- Place frozen Veggie Pulled Pork in microwave safe dish. Pour over 1 tablespoon water, cover with paper towel, and microwave for 3 to 3-½ minutes. Toss with ¾ cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce.
To prepare potato skins:
- Leave potato skins on baking sheet and fill with fillings as follows: Divide veggie pulled pork between baked potato skins evenly. Top each potato skin with ¼ cup mexican blend shredded cheese. Then top with 1 slice jalapeno pepper.
- Place baking sheet with potato skins in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until cheese has begun to soften and melt.
- Place potato skins over indirect heat, on a grill that is heated to 350 degrees. Grill for 10-15 minutes, until cheese has begun to soften and melt.
- To Serve: Carefully remove BBQ Veggie Pulled Pork Potato Skins from heat source and place on serving trays.
Jesenia Montanez ~ client
These Veggie Pulled Pork Potato Skins look delicious! I can't wait to give these a try. Thanks for sharing!
These look so good! I just know our football watching crew is going to love them!