This post is sponsored on behalf of #ChristmasCookiesWeek. The generous sponsors, YumGoggle, Sprinkle Pop, Silpat, and Adams Extracts have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
These Butter Pecan Nuggets are small bites of buttery shortbread with a pecan half in the center of the dough. Topped off with a light glaze drizzle and some festive sprinkles, these are a great cookie to put out on your holiday cookie tray!
Giveaway alert! Be sure to enter the giveaway via Rafflecopter at the end of this post! Effective 12/3/18 - 12/7/18
Butter Pecan Nuggets are a winner recipe and a long time favorite of mine! The buttery shortbread cookie dough has a toasted pecan hiding inside. I always put a roasted and salted pecan half just because I like the sweet/salty contrast!
Drizzled with white frosting and decorated with blue and white sparkly sugars. Or, you could go with red and green for a different color scheme. In either case, these cookies are still delicious and festive!
These cookies are really easy to put together and start out a bit different from your normal cookie recipe. It all starts in the saucepan! All of your ingredients except for the flour goes into the pan and cooked over the stove-top until the butter is melted and all ingredients have been combined.
HOW DO YOU GET THE PECAN IN YOUR BUTTER PECAN NUGGETS?
WHAT FLAVOR EXTRACT CAN YOU USE IN BUTTER PECAN NUGGETS GLAZE?
MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THESE TIPS BELOW FOR A SUCCESSFUL BUTTER PECAN NUGGET RECIPE!
- Watch the sugar/butter mixture carefully while on the cooktop. You don’t want this to start boiling, just bring it to melting temperature.
- Gradually add the flour to your sugar mixture. Adding it all at once will make it difficult to combine.
- When wrapping the pecan in the dough, you may need to squeeze the dough in your fist to compress it.
- Cool the nuggets completely before drizzling with icing
- Bonus tip! To reduce your mess when drizzling with icing, be sure to do so on a cooling rack with some parchment paper underneath the rack to catch any icing drips!
The only hard thing about this recipe, besides wanting to eat one after another, is deciding which colored sprinkles you like best. Do you want the blue and white, or the red and green? Oh, decisions can sometimes be so difficult!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN AND SHARE BUTTER PECAN NUGGETS!
Be sure to check below the recipe for the giveaway information!
Butter Pecan Nuggets
- Spread pecans in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Toast in a 325 oven for about 12 minutes or til golden. Remove and cool.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Heat and stir til butter is melted. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool.
- Stir in flour til well mixed. Shape into ¾ inch balls. Press a toasted pecan half into each ball and enclose nut in dough to form an oval. Place on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or til done. Remove and cool.
- Stir together powdered sugar, clear vanilla and enough milk to make of drizzling consistency. Place frosting in decorating bag and cut at the very tip to make a small hole. Drizzle over cookies. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
Prize Package #1:
From Adams Extracts comes a selection of baking delights including their prize-winning pound cake mix, pure vanilla extract, pure peppermint extract, double strength pure vanilla extract, pound cake flavor extract and vanilla cinnamon sugar.
Adams traces its beginnings back to Battle Creek, Michigan, when John A. Adams began making and selling his Green Plant Sarsaparilla extract, Adamur, in 1888. In 1905, he moved his family to Beeville, TX. At the time, most vanilla was sold to pharmacies and was often labeled “Do not bake or freeze.” John A. Adams, whose imagination was stirred by his wife’s yearning for a flavoring that wouldn’t bake or freeze out, announced that he could produce a better vanilla than the one his wife was currently using. Working with just $6.71 worth of materials on top of an old icebox, John A. Adams discovered the formula he wanted.
Prize Package #2:
YumGoggle is giving away a variety of holiday and Christmas cookie cutters. The winner of this prize package will receive a sleigh, large ornament, and two cookie cutter sets. The first is a mug/ sweater set called Ugly Sweater Specialty Cookie Cutter Set and the second is a Santa/ reindeer set called North Pole Specialty Cookie Cutter Set. Each set includes 2 cookie cutters, 2 templates, 2 instruction cars, and 4 bonus templates.
The YumGoggle gallery features food photography from contributors around the world. If you’re looking for a recipe, chances are you’ll find it on YumGoggle. The photos not only whet your appetite but you can easily find the recipes by clicking the photo.
Prize Package #3:
The winner of this Sprinkle Pop prize package will get their choice of 3 sprinkle varieties, at $35.00 value. Winner will be contacted by or need to contact Sprinkle Pop for fulfillment.
Sprinkle Pop offers trendy sprinkle mixes that you won’t find anywhere else. Fun fact: Over 50% of their sprinkle mixes are dyed in house, making each experience one of a kind. Sprinkle Pop also creates one of a kind confetti shapes that are unique to their mixes. Make every occasion a festive one with these fun sprinkle creations.
Prize Package #4:
One winner will receive an 11 ⅝ inch x 16 ½ inch Silpat® baking mat which is perfect for all of your cookie baking throughout the year. Reduces the need for parchment and is reusable.
The original silicone baking mat made from a dedicated silicone with reinforced fiberglass mesh. Nothing sticks to Silpat® which means you’ll spend less time cleaning and more time enjoying your baking creations. Silpat® replaces the need for butter, grease, oils, and sprays.
- Multi-purpose non-stick silicone baking and pastry mat.
- No cooking sprays, oils or parchment paper needed.
- Not to be used as a cutting surface.
- Can be used in the oven, microwave, and freezer.
Disclaimer: Thank you #ChristmasCookiesWeek sponsors: Adams Extract, Sprinkle Pop, YumGoggle and Silpat for providing the prizes free of charge. The #ChristmasCookiesWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Four (4) winners will be selected at random from entries received. The prize packages will be fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #ChristmasCookiesWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible to enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookiesWeek posts or entry.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
#ChristmasCookiesWeek Monday Recipes
- Ach Tannebaum' Iced Sugar Cookies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Brown Sugar Ornament Cookies by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Butter Pecan Nuggets by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Cookies by Tip Garden
- Chocolate Espresso Brown Sugar Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Chocolate Snowball Cookies by Hardly A Goddess
- Chocolate-Cherry Snowballs by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Christmas Macarons by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Christmas Rosette Sugar Cookies by Love and Confections
- Christmas Sprinkle Pudding Cookies by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Classic Spritz by Books n' Cooks
- Dark Chocolate Coffee Crinkle Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Frostbite Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- Gingerbread Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Hot Chocolate Cookies by Family Around The Table
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by Caroline's Cooking
- Oatmeal Rolled Sugar Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- Peanut Butter Cutout Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Peppermint Cookie Dough Truffles by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Peppermint Meltaways by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Peppermint Pizzelles by Girl Abroad
- Peppermint Thins by Palatable Pastime
- Pistachio Cranberry Macaron by Yumgoggle
- Sour Cream Decorated Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Chocolate Molasses Cookies by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Vegan Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars by The Baking Fairy
- Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Shortbread by Kate's Recipe Box
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Blondies by The Redhead Baker
- Whoville Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen