This post for Heart Shaped Veal Meatloaf is sponsored by the Beef Checkoff. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This Heart Shaped Veal Meatloaf is a delicious way to celebrate with your loved ones -- whether it be Valentine's Day, a birthday, anniversary! The veal meatloaf is flavored with garlic, onion, and rosemary then topped with a ketchup glaze before baking. Once baked, top it with a bacon heart for some extra love!
Sometimes you can tell someone you love them without saying a word! That is the kind of man Grumpy is. He isn't the affectionate type, who shows his feelings through emotion.
Me, I like to show my love for others in with food. Much like my Nanny, I get pure pleasure from making a recipe to share with others. Shaping this veal meatloaf into a heart is another added touch that says I love you! And, if you are serving more than one at dinner, these mini veal meatloaf hearts say I love you on each individual plate!
How to make a Heart Shaped Veal Meatloaf!
- Make sure to use binding ingredients. I used coconut flour and eggs, or you could also use oatmeal or breadcrumbs.
- No special pan is needed! You can easily shape this veal meatloaf with your hands right on the baking sheet! Pat the loaf into a round on the cookie sheet lined with foil then shape it into a point at the bottom and create a V shape at the top by pushing in towards the center with your thumb.
Decorate with a Bacon Heart!
When making this veal meatloaf recipe, I knew I did not want to cook the bacon on top due to excess fat runoff. So, I chose the best way I knew how, the microwave! It is super easy to do and your bacon is ready in just minutes. Be sure to watch my video to see how I do it!
If you are looking for a veal cutlet recipe to make for that someone special, then be sure to check out my Crispy Veal Cutlets with Creamy Dijon Sauce! How do you like to make your meals special? Leave me a comment below to share with me, I want to know!
Heart Shaped Veal Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground veal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup sugar-free ketchup
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Fresh chopped Cilantro
- 3 slices Bacon for mini meatloaves
- 2 slices Bacon for large meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar substitute, and mustard. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the veal, coconut flour, chicken broth, eggs, garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- For the large heart, place meatloaf mixture on cookie sheet and shape into a heart shape. To do this flatten the mixture slightly, narrowing it at the bottom for the heart V. Press your thumb into the center of the top of meatloaf mixture to create an indentation. Pat and shape the loaf into a heart.
- For the mini loaves, divide meatloaf mixture into six equal parts. Follow directions in #4 for shaping.
- Top meatloaf mixture with ketchup topping and using back of a spoon, spread it out to the shape of a heart.
- Place meatloaf in preheated oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.