This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Keto Coconut Curry Shrimp and Zoodles were made for this shop. #StartAHealthyRelationship #CollectiveBias
Keto Coconut Curry Shrimp and Zoodles have a homemade curry sauce that is smooth and creamy with just enough of that “sweet heat”, to make it absolutely irresistible! The nutty flavor comes from the MaraNatha Creamy No Stir Almond Butter that blended so well with the coconut and spice flavors!
Being on the Keto diet has been quite the learning experience. However, one thing that I love about Keto is almond butter is not off limits! As a matter of fact, it is used in a lot of Keto recipes!
This nut butter is super creamy and smooth and I love that it is no stir. It is a great snack time solution. Hook it up with a little celery as we do! It cures my craving for a creamy and crunchy treat at the same time. We absolutely love this high-quality natural and organic butter.
When it came to this Coconut Curry Shrimp and Zoodle recipe, Grumpy he couldn’t stop raving about it! He loved the sauce and even helped me out with taste testing as I was putting it together for this post to make sure it had just enough of everything. He said it had the perfect amount of heat, nut butter, and coconut flavor combination.
With all that delicious sauce you need some noodles. Zucchini noodles (aka zoodles) are the perfect complement to this dish and we did not miss the pasta at all! You can find zoodles premade in the store, or if you have a spiralizer, you can make your own.
How do you keep your zucchini noodles from making your sauce watery?
Zucchini Noodles, aka Zoodles, release a lot of liquid when cooking and can get soggy. For this reason, I did not add them to my sauce to cook them. Rather, I microwaved mine in the steamer for about 3 minutes. This made them toothsome and more pasta-like. You can, however, cook them in a separate skillet for 3-4 minutes if you don’t have the means to steam, then do as I did and toss the sauce and noodles together in a bowl.
Pin Keto Coconut Curry Shrimp and Zoodles!
We love MaraNatha Nut Butters and hope you will too! Follow them on their social media channels!
Facebook | YouTube | Instagram
Make Keto Coconut Curry Shrimp & Zoodles today!
Looking for a Keto-Friendly dessert to serve up? How about Low Carb Lemon Thumbprints!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Keto Coconut Curry Shrimp and Zoodles have a homemade curry sauce that is smooth and creamy with just enough of that "sweet heat", to make it absolutely irresistible! The nutty flavor comes from the creamy almond butter that blended so well with the coconut and spice flavors!
For the Sauce
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup MaraNatha Creamy No Stir Almond Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
For the Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together coconut milk, chicken broth, almond butter over medium heat until smooth. Add red pepper flakes through fresh ginger and bring to a low simmer. Simmer for 7-10 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Toss shrimp with 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, salt, and pepper. Heat coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp until pink, about 4-5 minutes depending on the size of shrimp. Remove from heat and add to the peanut sauce.
- In a microwave-safe steamer, add zoodles and cook on high for 3 minutes. Drain and place zoodles in a serving bowl. Alternatively, you can steam cook the zoodles on your stovetop in a large saucepan about 4-5 minutes, tossing every couple of minutes to evenly steam zoodles. Remove from the saucepan using tongs and place them in a serving bowl.
- Toss shrimp and sauce mixture with zoodles. Garnish with slivered almonds, cilantro, and a little fresh squeezed lime juice if desired.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 448Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 160mgSodium 1074mgCarbohydrates 12gNet Carbohydrates 8gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 27g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.