This post is sponsored by the Certified Angus Beef ® brand in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own. #BestAngusBeef #SteakHolder #CertifiedAngusBeef
Braised Beef Short Ribs make a super flavorful and fun appetizer for the holidays, be it Christmas or New Year's celebrations! The tender, beefy flavor of the Certified Angus Beef ® brand short ribs is complemented by the deep, dark, sweet chili flavor of the sauce in this appetizer. All of this brought together makes this appetizer absolutely mouthwatering!
Why I made short rib appetizers
Short Ribs were always something I would love to eat out, but never had made at home. I would drool over photos from fellow food bloggers who were making short ribs and think that I would need to buy some and just make them.
Once I tried them, I realized I was completely wrong in thinking these were difficult! These ribs were so easy to make and they are a perfect appetizer for your party or a delicious and satisfying main course. Whichever way you decide to go, you won't regret it, I promise!
Sweet Chili Braised Beef Short Ribs #BestAngusBeef
- 8 whole |Certified Angus Beef ® brand Short Ribs
- 1 large head garlic cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cups beef broth
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon ground chili paste
- 2 tablespoons Monkfruit granulated sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Salt and pepper the ribs. Set aside. Heat large cast iron skillet over medium heat until hot. Add butter and swirl in pan until melted. Carefully add short ribs and place garlic in pan, cut sides down. Sear ribs on all sides until browned.
- Deglaze pan with beef broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer for two minutes. Add monkfruit sweetener, chili paste, balsamic vinegar and stir to combine. Return ribs and garlic to pan, cover with lid, and place in oven.
- Cook for 2 hours. Reduce heat to 325, remove lid, and cook one more hour. Remove from oven and let sit at least 20 minutes. Serve as a meal or cut pieces of beef into bite sized pieces and serve as appetizer bites.