Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Casserole is all of your turkey dinner leftovers in one dish! Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce come together in this casserole making your life easy and delicious all at once!
To make this casserole you will need: Leftover mashed potatoes, turkey breast, leftover stuffing, cranberry sauce, mayonnaise, and mozzarella cheese.
This post is sponsored by Lunchbox. All views expressed are my own.
When I was asked to make this casserole I was told that I was more than welcome to put my own twist on it. At first I thought I was definitely going to change it because I wasn't so sure that I wanted to put cranberry sauce in a casserole or sandwich. I had tried it before and was not so crazy about it.
Then I read further than the ingredients and saw that you mixed Hellmann's Mayonnaise into the cranberry sauce. The savoriness of mayonnaise with the sweet tang from cranberry relish is what convinced me to go ahead and try this casserole as it was written. I am so glad that I did because Grumpy and I loved it and would definitely make it again!
Hellmann's is the only mayonnaise that I will use. Most people know I have a love affair with this Mayonnaise Cupcake recipe that I grew up eating! I believe this mayonnaise is the star of the show in this recipe! I even used it in my mashed potato recipe, something my brother-in-law Scott taught me to do a few years ago and it is the only way I make my mashed potatoes now!
This casserole was so easy to put together that even Grumpy could do it if he wanted to! You just put your stuffing in the bottom of an 8x8 casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Add a layer of chopped turkey.
Mix together the mayonnaise and cranberry sauce and spread it over top of the turkey and stuffing layers.
Top with mashed potatoes, more stuffing, and a little sprinkling of cheese.
Once it is baked, let it set for about 15 minutes. Then cut into the casserole and serve!
Leftover Thanksgiving Casserole - Pin it!
So, what will you make? Will it be this casserole? A sandwich? How about a quesadilla? Leave me a comment and tell me what you would do with your leftovers and how you would use Hellmann's mayonnaise in the recipe?
Be sure to follow me on all my social media channels to see what I'm sharing!
Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Casserole
- 4 cups leftover prepared stuffing divided
- 4 cups coarsely chopped leftover cooked turkey
- ¾ cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 8-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Spoon in 2 cups stuffing, then top with turkey.
- Combine ¼ cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise with cranberry sauce; evenly spread over turkey.
- Combine remaining ½ cup Mayonnaise, potatoes and cheese in large bowl. Evenly spread on turkey, then top with remaining 2 cups stuffing.
- Bake 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired, with dried cranberries.