Turkey Hot Brown Sandwiches are an open-faced sandwich made with your Thanksgiving leftovers of Turkey and a cheese gravy. Toasted bread is topped with cheese, tomato slices, and crispy bacon then placed under the broiler until browned.
The second time around making this, I used some fresh chopped chives to top the sandwich. They really added an extra flavor that was delicious. So, if you want to try something a little more exciting than bread, mayo, and turkey for a sandwich, definitely give this one a try and do not skip the tomato! That is an essential part of this sandwich. When I took a bite of the tomato with the sandwich it made me weak in the knees. It was that good.
Cranberry Sauce Muffins by The Foodie Army Wife
Leftover Stuffing Breakfast Strata by Ruffles & Truffles
Sweet Potato Casserole Muffins by Magnolia Days
Turkey & Chorizo Breakfast Hash by Brunch with Joy
Italian Mashed Potato Pancakes by The Weekend Gourmet
Cranberry Sauce'd Corn Bread Muffins by Rhubarb and Honey
Leftover Pie by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
Thanksgiving Leftover Waffles by Foxes Love Lemons
Stuffing Hash by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Turkey Pizza by Meal Diva
Turkey & Caramelized Onion Risotto by kimchi MOM
Turkey with Creamy Mushroom Marsala Sauce by Casa de Crews
Moroccan Turkey Stew by What Smells So Good?
Peruvian Cilantro & Turkey Soup by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
Turkey & Butternut Squash Stew by Cooking Chat
Turkey Kreplach Soup by Panning the Globe
Turkey & Stuffing Crepes by Peaceful Cooking
Cranberry Apple Pecan Chicken Salad by NeighborFood
Herbed Turkey over Cornbread Waffles with Cranberry Sauce by girlichef
Creamy Peanut Gochujang Pasta by Wallflour Girl
Cranberry Sweet Potato Soup by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Turkey Enchilada Pasta Bake by Curious Cuisiniere
Turkey Orzo Risotto by Family Foodie
Turkey Croquettes by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Cheesy Mashed Potato Croquettes by Noshing with the Nolands
Whipped Carrots with Sriracha Butter by Healthy Delicious
Cranberry-Balsamic Glazed Cauliflower Wings by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower and Potatoes by Momma's Meals
Cheesy Jalapeño Potato Cakes by Bobbi's Cozy Kitchen
Cranberry & Turkey Sandwich by The Redhead Baker
Monte Cristo Sandwich by Nik Snacks
Turkey Hot Brown by The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch
Sprouted Grain Turkey, Cranberry & Brie Panini by Amee's Savory Dish
Turkey Cranberry Flatbread by Peanut Butter and Peppers
Banana Cheesecake with Pecan Graham Cracker Crust by Desserts Required
Cranberry Cream Cheese Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Gluten-Free Lemon Cake by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Spiced Cranberry Sauce Buckle by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Cocktails & Drinks:
Be sure to Pin and Share Turkey Hot Brown Sandwiches!
Turkey Hot Brown Sandwiches
- ¼ cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¾ pound turkey breast
- 3 plum tomatoes sliced
- 2 cooked bacon slices crumbled
- Cheese Sauce:
- 1-½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-¼ cup 2% milk
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Make cheese sauce: Melt butter in sauce pan. When bubbly, add flour, salt and pepper and whisk until flour begins to brown slightly. Mixture will be thick and lumpy. Slowly add milk to hot pan, whisking constantly. Cook until thickened. Remove from heat and add cheese. If cheese sauce is too thick, add a little bit more milk to loosen it up.
- Preheat broiler on high. Meanwhile, toast bread.
- Assemble sandwich on foil lined cookie sheet as follows: Place 4 slices of toast on cookie sheet. Cover evenly with turkey. Top with ¼ cup cheese sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. Broil until bubbly, about 4-6 minutes. Remove from oven and top with tomato slices. bacon and chives. Serve immediately.