- 6 medium beets. peeled and cut into chunks
- 2-1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves, rubbed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss the beets with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to coat. Place beets on foil lined heavy duty baking sheet.
Bake beets 15 minutes in the preheated oven. While beets are baking, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cayenne, dried rubbed sage leaves and sugar in a large bowl (I used the same bowl the beets were in). Place the sweet potatoes and onion in the bowl and toss to coat vegetables with the oil mixture.
After beets have baked 15 minutes, mix sweet potato mixture with the beets on the baking sheet. Continue baking 45 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes, until all vegetables are tender.
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 1 hour Total time: 1 hour 15 mins Yield: