Bacon Maple Breakfast Rolls

Making these Bacon Maple Breakfast Rolls are quick and easy! Super delicious, these mini breakfast rolls have bacon-wrapped up inside of them and are topped with a maple glaze. The perfect little easy morning treat to make for your family!

Bacon Maple Breakfast Rolls

Making breafast easier in the morning

I receive the Pillsbury email on a regular basis.  Friday when I received the email and opened it up I was faced with these rolls.  This was one of those times when I knew I would be making the treat ASAP!

crescent roll dough on a floured board with bacon in the background

Why I love this Bacon Maple Breakfast Roll

I love maple and I love bacon. When I was a young girl having breakfast at Nanny’s, I would dip my crispy bacon into the maple syrup. That was a treat I loved to savor and didn’t get to enjoy at home with Mom being vegetarian.

Roll dough spread with maple cream and bacon sprinkled before rolling up

The syrup in Bacon Maple Breakfast Rolls

I have made this recipe with pure maple syrup and with store bought “fake” syrup. Fake to me is anything that does not come from tree sap. My preference is pure maple syrup, however, in a pinch, some of the thicker non-maple syrups bought in the store can be substituted and tastes just fine. Actually, is all a matter of taste preference in the long run so choose what you wish!

Bacon Maple Breakfast Rolls

This recipe is very easy, you need only butter, syrup, confectioners sugar, crisply cooked bacon, and crescent roll dough. I’ve made it with the Pillsbury sheets and I have made it with the perforated dough. If you use the perforated dough, you will want to pinch the perforations together to keep filling from seeping out.

Bacon Maple Breakfast Rolls

These are really quick and easy if you have precooked bacon – which is very easy to buy in the store now days. A little microwave magic and your bacon is ready to use!

Bacon Maple Breakfast Rolls

What to serve with Bacon Maple Breakfast Rolls

These Fresh Raspberries and Blackberries in Lime Ginger Dressing are a fresh fruit side that compliments these breakfast rolls nicely. Or, maybe you want just a couple of these rolls (they aren’t huge!) and a hot cup of Salted Caramel Mocha Latte!

*If you made this recipe, please give it a star rating*

Bacon Maple Breakfast Rolls
Yield: 8 rolls

5-Ingredient Bacon Maple Breakfast Rolls

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes

Mini breakfast rolls with a buttery maple and bacon filling and a sweet drizzle topping.

Ingredients

• 10 slices pre-cooked bacon, broken into pieces
  • 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury Crescent Dough Roll (Seamless)
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
  • 1/3 cup powdered sugar

Instructions

1. Heat oven to 375°F. Microwave bacon as directed on package until very crisp. Drain on paper towels. Set aside to cool.
  2. Generously spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with cooking parchment paper. Unroll dough sheet on a work surface and press into 12x8-inch rectangle.
  3. In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the butter and 2 tablespoons of the syrup with fork or wire whisk until smooth and creamy. Spread mixture evenly over dough.
  4. Chop bacon and sprinkle over butter/syrup mixture. Starting at the short end, roll up dough; pinch edge to seal. Wrap roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate 5 minutes to chill so dough will be easier to cut.
  5. Unwrap roll; place seam side down on cutting board. With a serrated knife, cut roll into 12 (about 3/4-inch) slices. Place slices, cut sides up, on cookie sheet.
  6. Bake 13-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Place waxed paper under the cooling rack. Remove rolls from cookie sheet to cooling rack; cool 5 minutes.
  7. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, remaining 1 tablespoon butter and remaining 3 tablespoons syrup with wire whisk until smooth. Drizzle icing over rolls.

Nutrition Information

Yield

Serving Size

Amount Per Serving Calories 177Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 28mgSodium 277mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 0gSugar 12gProtein 5g

Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.

Did you make this recipe?

Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram

1. pegasuslegend March 29, 2010 at 11:06 am - Reply

wow now these are so mouth watering and I was trying to be so good! You just made me fall off the diet again! No way to resist these, they look great…and no one should miss you fabulous newsletter, its awesome! Will stumble this right now have a great day~

2. Cristine March 29, 2010 at 12:13 pm - Reply

I am bookmarking these! They look great!

Oh, and I LOVE your new newsletter layout. Way cute!

3. NikiTheo March 29, 2010 at 12:41 pm - Reply

I do love the new layout. But I think I might love these rolls even more!!! WOW!

4. Bellini Valli March 29, 2010 at 1:33 pm - Reply

I would do almost anything for these for my breakfast right now Shelby!!

5. Barbara @ moderncomfortfood March 29, 2010 at 1:48 pm - Reply

These look so very good, and they are seriously challenging my resolve to do no more than look. But my fingers have a mind of their own and just bookmarked your recipe.

6. Barbara March 29, 2010 at 1:58 pm - Reply

7. Jessie March 29, 2010 at 2:35 pm - Reply

I love the whole sweet and savory flavor going on with these rolls. I wish I could have them for breakfast right now.

8. Fallon March 29, 2010 at 2:42 pm - Reply

I love the format of your newletter. It looks really good and for easy reading!

9. Barb, Diabetic Snacker March 29, 2010 at 2:51 pm - Reply

Wow those do look extraordinarily great! Bacon makes anything taste better imo.

10. Maria March 29, 2010 at 3:11 pm - Reply

Creative recipe! Nice work!

11. Cookin' Canuck March 29, 2010 at 4:15 pm - Reply

These rolls sound fantastic – sweet, salt, BACON!

12. Megan March 29, 2010 at 5:01 pm - Reply

These look perfect! And I'm loving the newsletter. Also love the blog!!! 🙂

13. Carrian March 29, 2010 at 5:21 pm - Reply

love this new look!

14. ohbabyo March 29, 2010 at 6:39 pm - Reply

If it wasn't for bacon I might be a vegetarian! 😉 By the way, I'm totally digging your new format in the newsletter!

15. theUngourmet March 30, 2010 at 3:45 am - Reply

Oh man! I would love to try these! I've never had them with bacon. I bet they are just amazing!

16. The Duo Dishes March 30, 2010 at 4:25 am - Reply

Your new site layout is great. And thanks for sharing this sweet, salty, savory breakfast treat. Everyone would eat these!

17. JennyMac March 30, 2010 at 7:15 pm - Reply

OH YUM…I could just eat bacon dunked in maple syrup for b-fast! This reminds me of my bac-in bread I made as a rookie blogger! Delish.

18. Grumpy & HoneyB March 30, 2010 at 7:16 pm - Reply

Thanks for the layout compliments….its still a work in progress. 🙂

Jenny, I do dunk my bacon in maple syrup at breakfast. 🙂

19. Kathy March 30, 2010 at 11:37 pm - Reply

I looked through the ingredients and I can say that this is one pretty easy recipe that we can do anytime we want it. I really love bacon being baked, so I am going to definitely try this one.

20. Diana's Cocina March 31, 2010 at 1:45 am - Reply

This sounds wonderful!

21. Di April 4, 2010 at 5:39 pm - Reply

Wow. I bet my husband would love these. For that matter, as much as my girls love bacon, they'd probably love them, too. =)

22. Kevin April 9, 2010 at 1:33 am - Reply

Maple and bacon would be a great flavour combination for light and flaky rolls!

23. Anonymous October 1, 2019 at 3:09 pm - Reply

24. Miriah October 13, 2019 at 7:48 pm - Reply

25. […] Bacon Maple Breakfast Rolls are not only yummy, but they are easy to make! The whole family will be gobbling these up in no time fast, so you may want to make a double batch. […]