Making these Bacon Maple Breakfast Rolls are quick and easy! Super delicious, these mini breakfast rolls have bacon-wrapped up inside of them and are topped with a maple glaze. The perfect little easy morning treat to make for your family!
Making breafast easier in the morning
I receive the Pillsbury email on a regular basis. Friday when I received the email and opened it up I was faced with these rolls. This was one of those times when I knew I would be making the treat ASAP!
Why I love this Bacon Maple Breakfast Roll
I love maple and I love bacon. When I was a young girl having breakfast at Nanny's, I would dip my crispy bacon into the maple syrup. That was a treat I loved to savor and didn't get to enjoy at home with Mom being vegetarian.
The syrup in Bacon Maple Breakfast Rolls
I have made this recipe with pure maple syrup and with store bought "fake" syrup. Fake to me is anything that does not come from tree sap. My preference is pure maple syrup, however, in a pinch, some of the thicker non-maple syrups bought in the store can be substituted and tastes just fine. Actually, is all a matter of taste preference in the long run so choose what you wish!
This recipe is very easy, you need only butter, syrup, confectioners sugar, crisply cooked bacon, and crescent roll dough. I've made it with the Pillsbury sheets and I have made it with the perforated dough. If you use the perforated dough, you will want to pinch the perforations together to keep filling from seeping out.
These are really quick and easy if you have precooked bacon - which is very easy to buy in the store now days. A little microwave magic and your bacon is ready to use!
What to serve with Bacon Maple Breakfast Rolls
These Fresh Raspberries and Blackberries in Lime Ginger Dressing are a fresh fruit side that compliments these breakfast rolls nicely. Or, maybe you want just a couple of these rolls (they aren't huge!) and a hot cup of Salted Caramel Mocha Latte!
*If you made this recipe, please give it a star rating*
Bacon Maple Breakfast Rolls
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Microwave bacon as directed on package until very crisp. Drain on paper towels. Set aside to cool.
- Generously spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with cooking parchment paper. Unroll dough sheet on a work surface and press into 12x8-inch rectangle.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the butter and 2 tablespoons of the syrup with fork or wire whisk until smooth and creamy. Spread mixture evenly over dough.
- Chop bacon and sprinkle over butter/syrup mixture. Starting at the short end, roll up dough; pinch edge to seal. Wrap roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate 5 minutes to chill so dough will be easier to cut.
- Unwrap roll; place seam side down on cutting board. With a serrated knife, cut roll into 12 (about ¾-inch) slices. Place slices, cut sides up, on cookie sheet.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Place waxed paper under the cooling rack. Remove rolls from cookie sheet to cooling rack; cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, remaining 1 tablespoon butter and remaining 3 tablespoons syrup with wire whisk until smooth. Drizzle icing over rolls.