Pumpkin Cranberry Chip MuffinsThe other evening as I was visiting blogs I came across a post from Pam of For the Love of Cooking for pumpkin muffins. Her recipe was inspired by Maria of Two Peas in Their Pod. I immediately bookmarked the recipe knowing I wanted to make something similar. Yesterday, when I got up at my normal 5 AM-and yes, I know some of you know I am awake sooner at times, but normal is 5 :o) – I decided to make a pumpkin muffin myself.

There is something special about pumpkin. I don’t know what it is so I can’t tell you what. However, I can tell you that pumpkin pie is Justin’s favorite pie and that Christopher loves pumpkin cheesecake. Grumpy loves both and I love everything pumpkin! I have never forgotten the Pumpkin Cheesecake with Maple Praline topping that my former mother-in-law made one year for Thanksgiving. Actually, I am going to try to replicate that recipe this year!

Pumpkin Cranberry Chip MuffinsI had a pumpkin muffin recipe I had marked in a Fall Baking magazine I bought last year (from Betty Crocker) so I went to this recipe to make this morning. I followed suit with Pam & Maria and used cinnamon chips (went with mini) and didn’t put chopped pecans that the recipe called for in. The muffins smelled heavenly and I was not disappointed in the least when I broke into the muffin. It was awesome! I’m definitely keeping this recipe around for my future use!

Pumpkin Cranberry Chip Muffins

Pumpkin Cranberry Chip Muffins
Author: adapted from Betty Crocker Fall Baking 2008
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 12
Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup mini cinnamon chips
  • Decorator sugar crystals
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
  2. In large bowl mix dry ingredients (flour through salt). Toss in cranberries and cinnamon chips.
  3. In another bowl mix pumpkin, oil and eggs. Mix dry ingredients into wet until just moistened. Divide batter into 12 muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes (I had to go the full 25 minutes).

1. Bellini Valli November 18, 2009 at 10:49 am - Reply

The Pumpkin Parline Cheesecake is fantastic. I have a recipe if you need one…plus let's not forget these muffins!!!!!

2. Amanda November 18, 2009 at 12:20 pm - Reply

Ooooo yum! Those look great! You just made me think of the TWD pumpkin muffins from last year. I added chocolate chips to them and they were incredible. I have a ton of pumpkin in the freezer, I need to make those again 🙂

3. Katie November 18, 2009 at 1:39 pm - Reply

I'm not sick of pumpkin either! This recipe looks fantastic, Shelby!!

4. Cajun Chef Ryan November 18, 2009 at 2:09 pm - Reply

Pumpkin muffins are fun! Yes, pumpkin is still on my list too for preparations.

5. Barbara Bakes November 18, 2009 at 2:17 pm - Reply

I'm not sick of pumpkin either. Made pumpkin cc bread yesterday. Will try this recipe on the weekend!

6. Donna-FFW November 18, 2009 at 2:17 pm - Reply

Never too much pumpkin for me. Saw this at Pams and thought they were wonderful also. Love the cinnamon chips and cranberry goodness in here. Nothing like a tasty muffin;)

7. Mags November 18, 2009 at 3:29 pm - Reply

I'm loving the combination of the pumpkin and dried cranberries. This is a very pretty looking muffin!

8. Judy@nofearentertaining November 18, 2009 at 4:34 pm - Reply

I just made these and they are delicious and my house smells wonderful too. Added bonus! Thanks for a great recipe!

9. Jessie November 18, 2009 at 5:03 pm - Reply

oh gosh I am not sick of pumpkin! those pumpkin muffins look so good,I imagine how nice your house must have smelled while they were baking.

10. Ingrid November 18, 2009 at 6:02 pm - Reply

Looks good but I want that pumpkin cheesecake with maple praline! Pretty please?!
    ~ingrid

11. teresa November 18, 2009 at 8:44 pm - Reply

oh how i love these muffins! they look to die for!

12. Gera @ SweetsFoods November 19, 2009 at 12:07 am - Reply

Pumpkin muffins are always one of my treats to eat anytime Shelby!

Cheers!

Gera

13. Lynda November 19, 2009 at 1:52 am - Reply

I'm not sick of pumpkin either, just running out of time to make everthing that looks so delicious. I'm bookmarking these yummy muffins so I won't forget them! 🙂

14. Pam November 19, 2009 at 4:08 am - Reply

I could never get sick of pumpkin…these look amazing. I love the addition of dried cranberries.

15. Linda November 19, 2009 at 4:13 am - Reply

I love all the pumpkin and squash recipes this time of year–I love it all the time actually. Your muffins look moist and delish, HoneyB!

16. Kathleen November 19, 2009 at 6:30 am - Reply

I think I could eat pumpkin all year round! I'm never tired of it. These muffins look delicious beyond belief.

17. the ungourmet November 19, 2009 at 7:38 am - Reply

Oh my goodness! These look amazing. I love all of the goodies inside. I never get sick of pumpkin!

18. Katy ~ November 19, 2009 at 9:33 am - Reply

I'm not sick of pumpkin either, grins.

Yummmmy looking muffin!

19. averagebetty November 19, 2009 at 4:24 pm - Reply

Cinnamon Chips? I must look for these morsels of delight! These look delicious (wish I had one right now!).

20. Cristine November 20, 2009 at 3:00 am - Reply

I am LOVING the addition of cinnamon chips! Thanks for getting me off my behind and motivating me to finally get my muffin post up!

21. honeyb November 22, 2009 at 6:51 pm - Reply

Those are great looking muffins!

22. Katherine Martinelli September 28, 2011 at 12:55 pm - Reply

I love these!! I don't think I've ever seen cinnamon chips but they sound amazing. My mother-in-law makes killer mini chocolate chip pumpkin muffins for every holiday and occasion and these remind me of hers 🙂 They look delicious. (And I agree – 5am is EARLY!)

23. Inspired by eRecipeCards September 28, 2011 at 4:56 pm - Reply

Honeybunch, this is just stunning! Love the photos so much.

And very seasonal recipe with all the pumpkins popping up at the market!

24. Anonymous October 12, 2019 at 5:04 pm - Reply