Cheesy Italian Bread is made with a homemade loaf of chewy Italian Bread, topped with a butter garlic spread and lots of cheese for that ooey gooey cheesy fun!

Cheesy Italian Bread

IS it all about Grumpy?

Some of you may think it is! I have to admit, my world does revolve around him. Isn’t that the way it is supposed to be when your in love? lol. I know that is how it is with my mom and dad! In all honesty, and those who have been reading here for awhile know, my world revolves around all of those I love. I am very lucky to have so many special people in my life!
So yeah, most of the time, it is all about Grumpy. I think he kind of likes all the attention too. Even though he would never admit it.

Chris did get to enjoy some of this cheesy garlic bread too. All either one of my boys has to do is ask and they shall receive (as long as mom has the means and they are being reasonable!). Yeah, so its all about those boys of mine too. Of the three of us who had some of this cheesy garlic bread there isn’t one who didn’t love it. If you make the Italian Bread or if you just go out and buy some, this cheesy garlic bread is worth making to go with your next meal. Whether it be Chicken Penne Prima Vera or Grilled Shrimp (of course two things I had some of that cheesy garlic bread with!).

Cheesy Italian Bread
Author: Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Ingredients
  • 1 loaf Italian bread
  • 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1/2 Tablespoon refrigerated minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (I use a micro plane zester. If you don’t use this, you may want to adjust the amount of cheese.)
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • oregano
Instructions
  1. Slice loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Mix garlic into softened butter. Spread evenly on both sides of bread slices. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, then sprinkle with mozzarella and oregano. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Turn to broil and broil until cheese just begins to brown. Cool slightly, slice & enjoy!

1. Patsyk July 29, 2009 at 12:18 pm - Reply

My husband and I would devour that bread! It would be perfect with almost any dinner… but, especially with Penne ala Vodka… or Penne Arrabiata… yummmmm!

2. Barbara Bakes July 29, 2009 at 12:19 pm - Reply

This looks like the perfect garlic bread!

3. Jamie July 29, 2009 at 12:31 pm - Reply

Now that's my kind of bread! I could take a big bite right now. You have convinced me to take out my bread machine to make this Italian Bread and Garlic Bread.

4. Cristine July 29, 2009 at 1:09 pm - Reply

Cheese and bread are two of my favorite things! Yours looks so good!

5. Jessie July 29, 2009 at 1:35 pm - Reply

cheesy garlic bread is one of my favorites, it goes so well a lot of dishes. I wish I can have a slice of yours!

6. Bellini Valli July 29, 2009 at 1:44 pm - Reply

Sharing delicious food with the ones we love is what it is all about Shelby. I would welcome this garlic toast anytime:D

7. Fallon July 29, 2009 at 2:35 pm - Reply

I could eat that whole thing!!

And yes it is all about the ones you love. My boyfriend gets what he wants in the kitchen, and I don't mind making it!! It crazy what love can do to you.

8. Gera @ SweetsFoods July 29, 2009 at 3:12 pm - Reply

I was waiting to devour on the screen this adorable garlic bread… what a delight with Parmesan cheese :)))

Cheers,

Gera

9. Creative One July 29, 2009 at 4:30 pm - Reply

Love,love,love cheesy garlic bread.
    I agree with you, my world does revolve around the one I love too.

10. Pam July 29, 2009 at 4:40 pm - Reply

I love cheesy garlic bread – yum. I think your love for Grumpy is sweet – I feel the same way about my guy.

11. Linda July 29, 2009 at 8:48 pm - Reply

Lord have mercy, HoneyB, what are you doing to me? Hubby would LOVE this bread–thanks for sharing the recipe!! 🙂

12. Coleen's Recipes July 29, 2009 at 9:23 pm - Reply

Great photographs!!! That bread is really talking to me. I had to laugh about your post title…I think Grumpy and my husband must be related.

13. Linda July 29, 2009 at 10:02 pm - Reply

Grumpy must be loving all this "stardom"!! I could take a big bite of this bread. It looks so good.
    And thanks for the words on a visit. We may surprise you some day!!! (Oh and I always call first!!LOL)

14. Katy ~ July 29, 2009 at 11:40 pm - Reply

I am absolutely mad over the looks of this cheesy wonder!

15. Ingrid July 30, 2009 at 1:28 am - Reply

One of my favorite things to read on your blog is about your love for your guys! I totally get that! 100%!

That is one of the BEST garlic breads I've seen.
    ~ingrid

16. TeaLady July 30, 2009 at 3:35 am - Reply

gotta make this bread. Looks great.

17. Creative One July 30, 2009 at 12:46 pm - Reply

Looks great Shelby! Cheesy garlic bread is my favorite.

18. Megan July 30, 2009 at 1:56 pm - Reply

Oh yum! Looks delicious.

19. Megan July 30, 2009 at 1:56 pm - Reply

Oh yum! Looks delicious.

20. Carrie July 30, 2009 at 6:08 pm - Reply

There's nothing like cheesy garlic bread! This one looks so good!

21. JMom July 30, 2009 at 7:49 pm - Reply

I can almost smell it! Great photos 🙂

22. Helene July 31, 2009 at 4:53 am - Reply

Congrats to the winner!

That bread would not last in my house. And yes you have to keep Grumpy happy!

23. Kevin August 1, 2009 at 12:40 am - Reply

That garlic bread looks so good! I like to add cheese to garlic bread as well!

24. Talita August 1, 2009 at 12:04 pm - Reply

What a incredible bread! Sounds so tasteful! So simple to do!

25. pigpigscorner August 2, 2009 at 10:54 am - Reply

Yea I understand, most of the time is about him. What he likes to eat, what he hates…The bread sounds lovely!

26. The Hungry Mouse August 26, 2009 at 4:28 pm - Reply

Oh man, love garlic bread with cheese. Yum!

+Jessie

27. gail May 28, 2010 at 2:14 pm - Reply

It's been a long time! Glad to see you still have such unbelievable (but I'll believe!) yummy treats!

28. Mags July 21, 2010 at 12:05 pm - Reply

I think for those of us who enjoy cooking and baking, we're always willing to go the extra mile to make something our loved ones really like.

Great looking cheesy garlic bread!

29. Barbara @moderncomfortfood July 21, 2010 at 12:41 pm - Reply

Now this is my kind of garlic bread! Don't tell, but on a really busy day, I love to have cheesy garlic bread like this for dinner with a nice salad and side of fresh fruit. Lucky Grumpy.

30. Cajun Chef Ryan July 21, 2010 at 1:24 pm - Reply

These are some wonderful garlic bread sticks Shelby!

Bon appetit!
    CCR
    =:~)

31. Tasty Eats At Home July 22, 2010 at 8:49 pm - Reply

Oh this looks positively evil! (I mean, yum!)

32. Lana July 26, 2010 at 1:29 pm - Reply

I could eat the entire loaf at one sitting. I'm not kidding. Really. Give me something like spaghetti and meatballs along with this bread and I'm all over it!

33. Jenne February 18, 2014 at 9:56 am - Reply

Looks delicious!

34. Jodie Gonzalez May 6, 2014 at 4:06 am - Reply

This sounds amazingly delicious!

35. Sally Rai July 6, 2014 at 9:12 am - Reply

Looks yummmy.
    i can not find permesan cheese.so wt should i use instead of it?

• honeyb July 6, 2014 at 9:18 am - Reply

I would go with a cheese that is aged and dry (extremely firm) If you can't find something like that it is ok to use any type of cheese that has a sharp flavor. I use asiago cheese often in place of parmesan. Good luck!

36. Renee Paj September 3, 2014 at 6:31 pm - Reply

This looks really delicious Shelby!

37. Life Tastes Good September 3, 2014 at 8:29 pm - Reply

My life does revolve around those i love, but I wouldn't have it any other way either! They are lucky to have such a wonderful wife and mother who makes delicious cheesy bread for them! This looks amazing!!

38. Mary Ellen September 4, 2014 at 3:39 am - Reply

Grumpy is a lucky man! This garlic bread looks delicious!

39. Rachael Yerkes September 4, 2014 at 1:37 pm - Reply

We love cheese bread. We are having pasta tonight so I will have to make this.

40. Tara Noland September 4, 2014 at 1:43 pm - Reply

The perfect comfort food, nothing better than cheesy delicious bread. Yours looks divine!!

41. […] also had to make a recipe that showcases the bread, and I chose to make HoneyB’s Cheesy Garlic Bread. My sweet blogging friend Shelby, The Life & Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch, is celebrating […]

42. […] is a great way to offer less carbs at a meal. Serve it at game-day as a main dish and with some cheesy garlic bread for your non-keto friends. Or, keep it totally low-carb and offer some low carb Cauliflower Cheese […]

43. […] fast and also be delicious. This delicious chili recipe is just that! Serve some with a side of Cheesy Italian Garlic Bread and offer up Peppermint Surprise Brownie Bites for dessert to complete the […]

44. […] and Butternut Chili should be the next recipe you make your family! Pair the chili with some Cheesy Italian Bread on the side and some Soft Blueberry Cookies for […]

45. […] of your meal together into a casserole that spells easy. This Spaghetti Pie is great with Cheesy Italian Bread for a complete meal. It is great for reheating making it an excellent recipe for a […]

46. […] Cheesy Italian Bread […]