I brought this Turkey Sausage, Swiss Cheese and Tomato Strata.
Sandi of Whistlestop Cafe Cooking - Cucumber Gazpacho with Shrimp Relish.
Val of More than Burnt Toast - Mini Bacon and Potato Frittatas.
Susan of The Spice Garden - Monkey Bread.
Sarah of All Our Fingers in the Pie - DutchBaby Pancakes,
- 6 turkey sausage patties, chopped and cooked
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups cubed Italian bread
- Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1-2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup almond milk
- ⅛ cup thinly sliced basil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- Cook turkey sausage in non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add onion and garlic and saute for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Arrange 2 cups of bread cubes in bottom of small baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with ⅔ cup cheese, half of sausage and onion mixture, and tomato slices. Combine milk and remaining ingredients and stir well with a whisk. Pour half of milk mixture over tomatoes. Top with 4 cups bread cubes, ⅔ cup cheese, remaining sausage and onion mixture, tomato slices, and remaining half of milk mixture.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour. You can also prepare this the night before and chill overnight.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55 minutes. Sprinkle with ⅔ cup cheese; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
OH MY! this Strata is beautiful.
This looks amazing. I think the switch ot tukey sausage instead of bacon is a great one!
What a shame our dinner is only virtual. 🙁
Life Tastes Good
Fantastic!! I am always looking for new breakfast recipes and this one has all the wonderful flavors I love!! Thanks, Shelby!!
This looks amazing! Weekends are my favorite time for breakfast <3
Perfect brunch fare Shelby. Thanks for bringing it to the table;-)
This is my kind of breakfast! Love all the fresh herbs!
From Valeries Kitchen
We love a hearty breakfast on the weekends and this would totally do it with way less guilt! I use turkey sausage all the time for all sorts of things. Love this one, Shelby!
Kristin @ Dizzy Busy and Hungry!
Oh yeah, weekends = brunch for sure. This looks great! Definitely want to try it out on my family!
Michele @ Flavor Mosaic
I love stratas. This would be a breakfast we would love.
Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads
This looks like a perfect breakfast, Shelby! I love that it's made with turkey sausage!
I love weekend breakfasts like this! We can't manage much more than scrambled eggs on weekdays between all of us trying to get out of the house early!
Looks delicious Shelby!
Oooooo... this looks perfect for a weekend brunch! Yum! 🙂
I love stratas and this one looks like a winner!