Strawberry Yogurt Muffins
By Shelby Law Ruttan
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup Splenda Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup greek yogurt (unflavored, unsweetened)
- 4 cups Special K Fruit and Yogurt Cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Special K Fruit and Yogurt Cereal, crushed, for topping
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Mix canola oil, splenda, eggs, almond milk, greek yogurt and vanilla together until incoroporated.
- Stir in the 4 cups of Special K Fruit and Yogurt cereal, white whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Add fresh strawberries and stir lightly until strawberries are mixed throughout batter.
- Line 2-12 cup muffin tin pans with cupcake liners. Scoop using large cookie scoop (mine measures about ⅓ cup) into muffin tins. Sprinkle with crushed cereal.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Let cool on wire rack.
Yield: 24 muffins
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
- Calories: 115.8
- Fat: 5.6 grams
- Totalcarbs: 14.6
- Dietaryfiber: 1.4
- Protein: 3.3
Tags: strawberries, muffins, breakfast, brunch, low carb, low sugar, muffins