This post and Halloween Cookie Pizza recipe were created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I received samples from some of the sponsor companies, as always opinions are mine alone.
This Halloween Cookie Pizza is made with a pumpkin spiced sugar cookie and vanilla flavored icing. The cookie is firm, yet not hard and the icing is creamy and fluffy. Perfect for nestling all those Halloween candies on top of.
Our sponsors are offering a fabulous giveaway at the very end of this post! Be sure to scroll all the way down to the end of the post to enter!
Halloween is such a fun and spooky time of year and I am excited to be a part of HalloweenTreatsWeek hosted by Angie of Big Bear's Wife and The Southern Halloween Queen! Get ready for a week of ghastly treats coming your way!
I remember as a child, my mom driving us around to go trick or treating. We grew up in the country, so to go knocking on doors and saying "trick or treat!" was in the hands of my mom.
When you live in the Northern NY area, you are likely to either be one of the two things when trick or treating: Gastly Hot, or Frighteningly Freezing! I have trick or treated when it was super hot out and have traipsed in the knee-deep snow just to collect my goodies! My favorite treat was from a neighbor who made homemade popcorn balls that were the best. A treat worth traipsing through the snow for!
What kind of Halloween mom are you? Do you like to make or eat the Halloween Cookie Pizza? Maybe you like to do both?
I will however admit, I was not the creative Halloween mom. Sure, I took my kids out trick or treating and for me it was easy because we lived in a village and/or their Dad would take them so I could stay home for the few kids who dared to walk up our dead-end road and say trick or treat at our door!
While I wasn't the exemplary mom who made their kids Halloween costumes, I was the mom who loved to make homemade goodies for them. Baking always was my thing. Cookies, brownies, cakes, cupcakes. You name it, I loved to make it and I loved to make it from scratch! By the time my kids were of trick or treating age, however, homemade treats were not acceptable to give to kids coming to your door. So, I kind of fell off the treat making wagon a long time ago.
Then when Kristina (my former daughter in law) came into my life, Halloween came alive again! That girl loved herself some Halloween!! I even hosted an Adult Halloween Party with her back at the beginning of my blog days. I love how she brought that passion back in me and I hope she still loves Halloween as much today as she did then. I'm thinking it's likely!
Make your Halloween Cookie Pizza a success with these tips!
- Your cookie needs to be firm enough that it will not break and crumble easily. This cookie is perfect. It's soft yet not as hard as a rock!
- Make a creamy frosting, rather than a frosting that will flatten out or firm up. You want that pillowy bed of frosting to nestle your decorations into.
- When cutting your cookie pizza use a large, very sharp knife and press down into the cookie. Don't try using a pizza cutter. Just because this is a "pizza" it's not cookie cutter friendly.
- Top them with a lot of Halloween candy decorations. I guarantee that will make your cookie the star of the party!
There are loads of creative, gory, and fun toppings available for your pizza. Be sure to check out the giveaway and our sponsors at the end of this post!
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate from Big Bear's Wife
- Day of the Dead Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes from Pook's Pantry
- Devilish Halloween Deviled Eggs from Pastry Chef Online
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from ReciPEAs
- Cauldron Cupcakes from Mrs. Happy Homemaker
- Black Magic Skull Cakes from Sugar Dish Me
- Frankenstein's Monster Pudding Cups from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Sprinkle Cookie Cake from Love and Confections
- Chocolate Dipped Brownie Pops for Halloween from Southern From Scratch
- Creepy Crawly Dirt Cup Pudding Parfaits from 4 Sons R Us
- "Guts" Cinnamon Rolls from A Blender Mom
- Creepy Eyeball Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mummy Bites from Eat Move Make
- Monkey Brain Bread from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Cookie Pizza from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Boo Berry Pie from Kudos Kitchen
- Monster Donuts from The Baking Fairy
- Boogeyman Brew from Who Needs A Cape?
- Purple People Eater Thumbprints from The Spiffy Cookie
- Hocus Pocus Halloween Decorated Pretzels from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Black and Orange Cookies from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Skeleton Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Monster Mash Cake from Mildly Meandering
- Graveyard Skillet Brownies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Blood-Red Pomegranate Margarita from The Redhead Baker
- Halloween Snoballs from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Cherry Hand Pies from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Dunkaroo Dip from Savory Experiments
- Bloody Eyeball Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes from Katie's Cucina
- Eye Scream Sundae from For the Love of Food
Pin Halloween Cookie Pizza and share it with your friends!
Print out this recipe for Pumpkin Spice Halloween Cookie Pizza then scroll on down further to enter the fantastic #HalloweenTreatsWeek Giveaway!
Halloween Cookie Pizza
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For the Cookie
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup Dixie Crystals Brown Sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup molasses
- 3 cups flour
- 1-½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Icing:
- ⅓ cup butter softened
- 3 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Sugar
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Adam's Almond Extract
- Black food coloring
- Assorted Halloween candy decorations
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add pumpkin puree and molasses and mix until creamy.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add flour to butter mixture and mix until completely combined. The dough will be stiff.
- Flatten dough out into a round circle and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove cookie dough from plastic wrap and place between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Roll dough out until it is approximately 12" in diameter.
- Remove top layer of parchment paper and place cookie pizza with bottom layer of parchment paper on top of a large cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cookie is slightly puffy and browned.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- To make frosting, cream together butter with 1 cup of powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon of heavy cream. Add another cup of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of heavy cream. Mix until well combined. Add last cup of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of heavy cream. Mix well. If frosting is stiff, add extra tablespoon of heavy cream.
- Frost and decorate cookie as desired.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to one week (if it lasts that long!)
Now for the #HalloweenTreatsWeek Giveaway Event - Be sure to enter!
Happy Halloween! We hope you're ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear's Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year's #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can't wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don't forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack - including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam's Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack - including - Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st - October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam's Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
I love that this is a pumpkin cookie! Doubly perfect for Halloween!