This Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake has a distinct lemon flavor with a delicate cake crumband a finishing touch with a lemon drizzle over the cake. It is a great breakfast cake, but also easily works as a dessert.
This Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake is lower in fat and is packed with lemon from using a lemon yogurt, and lemon zest in the cake recipe. The drizzle of lemon glaze just adds another delicious layer of lemon to this cake recipe.
A Long Time Family Favorite
I have always loved blueberries and that love of blueberries was passed on down to my oldest son. Every time I think of blueberries, I remember my mom feeding them to him in his high chair. The little babe couldn't get enough!
My very favorite blueberry recipe is this Soft Blueberry Cookie with Lemon Glaze. Its a recipe I took from my Nanny that I adapted to make into my own and added blueberries to it, just because I love them so much! It's a no brainer for me to have this pound cake recipe here or that it's chock full of blueberries!
What You Need To Make Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
*Please see the recipe card for full ingredient list and instructions to Blueberry Pound Cake*
Cream Cheese, I use ⅓ less fat cream cheese but if you don't care about the calories, you can use full fat and it will turn out just as good.
10" bundt Pan
Tips and Substitutions
- Grease the bundt pan well with solid shortening.
- Use a piece of wax paper to apply the shortening to the bundt pan
- Lightly flour the bundt pan with 1 tablespoon of flour to aid in releasing the cake from the pan once baked.
- If desired, use a cooking spray made specifically for baking to grease the pan instead of shortening.
- If using frozen blueberries, be sure that you do not thaw them out first.
- Slice the Blueberry Pound Cake with a serrated knife for easier cutting
Other Cake Recipes You May Like
Blueberry Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 4 ounce ⅓-less-fat cream cheese sofrtened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 3 cups all-purpose flour divided
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounce lemon low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, mix the sugar, butter, and cream cheese for 5 minutes, or until smooth and creamy
- Add the eggs and egg white, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the flour and the blueberries in a small bowl; toss well. .
- In another mixing bowl, combine the remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture alternately with the yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Fold in the blueberry mixture and the vanilla extract. Pour the cake batter into a 10-inch tube pan coated with shortening and dusted with flour or with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes; remove from pan. Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl. Drizzle over warm cake.