I was craving peanut butter and bacon. I had some bananas that were not "too" ripe just yet and had recently purchased Bobby Deen's new cookbook where he shared an Open Face Elvis Sandwich. My craving for that salty, sweet, creamy, and crunchy mouth comfort was about to be fulfilled, all without killing my diet!
- 2 slices light whole wheat bread (2 slices = approximately 90 calories)
- ½ medium banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
- 2 slices fully cooked thick cut bacon (like Oscar Meyer)
- 1 teaspoon Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- Place oven rack in center of oven and turn oven to broil on high.
- Spread ½ tablespoon peanut butter on 1 slice of bread. Repeat with other slice. Evenly distribute banana over both slices.
- Microwave bacon 15 seconds. Cut into smaller pieces and place 1 slice bacon over each slice of bread. Sprinkle each slice of bread with ½ teaspoon sugar.
- Broil 2-3 minutes or until bread begins to toast and brown sugar begins to bubble. Do not leave unattended while cooking.
Kristin @ Dizzy Busy and Hungry!
This looks like such a treat yet it is lightened up. That is my kind of lunch! Or breakfast! Or dinner! I could definitely eat this any time of day. Hope your knee continues to heal well!
I hope you have a speedy knee surgery recovery! Sorry you had to have it in the first place! This sandwich looks like the perfect hearty, savory sweet breakfast or anytime snack. I wouldn't have originally thought of adding bacon but LOVE it with bacon - yum!
I hope your knee gets better soon! This sandwich looks great 🙂
It is so hard to be home, especially recovering from an injury and have food in the house. Full fat peanut butter usually has less sugar in it than low fat so I think you made a great decision. Hope your knees recovers quickly.