We are on challenge #3 of the Young and Hungry Blogger Challenge. If you haven't heard, Young and Hungry is a new comedy tv show premiering June 25th on ABC Family. The show is about a young aspiring food blogger hired by a tech mogul to be his personal chef. The show is inspried by Gabi from Broke Ass Gourmet and her story. In the show Gabi must prove to her boss that she’s worthy of the job. There are 40 bloggers competing for prizes and the biggest prize being a blog mention on the show itself! To me, that is pretty darn exciting! For this challenge we were to make a unique cupcake using the cupcake liners, take a photo and upload it to the challenge for you to vote for! I made Moonshine Cherry Cupcakes!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 cup fresh cherries
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 6 tablespoons Moonshine Cherry Juice
- ½ teaspoon cherry extract
- 20 moonshine cherries for topping
- 10 moonshine cherries chopped finely
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Make cake mix by adding the eggs, water, oil, and amaretto and mixing well with hand mixer.
- Fold in chopped cherries. Scoop about ⅓ cup of batter into cupcake tin lined with paper liners.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, cool 5 minutes and transfer to cooling rack.
- Make the frosting by creaming together butter and shortening. Gradually add confectioner sugar 1 cup at a time. Add moonshine cherry juice and cherry extract after adding first cup of sugar.
- Blend the frosting until creamy adding more sugar if needed. Fold in finely chopped moonshine cherries. Frost completely cooled cupcakes and top with cherry.
- Note: Prep time includes time to mix together the ingredients as well as frosting the cupcakes.
Those cupcakes look so delicious!
These sound really delicious! I don't think I've ever seen moonshine cherry juice, but I like how it sounds!
Heading over to vote for you now Shelby! Good luck! If you have a free moment, I would love for you to link up with us for Foodie Fridays (this or any other recipes you'd like!) I just started a brand new recipe link up this week...it will be going live every Friday morning at midnight. Have a great weekend!
Life Tastes Good
Great idea! and I love your picture it is so colorful and pretty!! I love that you doctored up a box cake mix! It makes it so easy! Not just to make the cupcakes, but the clean-up too! Win-Win!! Voted!! Good Luck <3